Hours & Admissions
Hours of Operation
Wednesday | 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday | 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday | 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday | 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday | 12:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday | Closed Open Selected Holidays
Tuesday | Closed
Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas
General admission provides access to the MFAH art collections. Purchase online or drop by any admissions desk.
|MFAH Member (Join now!)||Free|
|Adult General Admission (19+)||$19|
|Senior General Admission (65+ with ID)||$16|
|College Student General Admission (19+ with ID)||$12|
|Youth General Admission (13–18)||$12|
|Child General Admission (12 & younger)||Free|
|Military General Admission (with ID)||Free|
No Need to Pay General Admission If …
- You are visiting on a Thursday, when general admission is free for everyone, courtesy of Shell Oil Company. Ticketed exhibitions are separate from general admission and remain ticketed on Thursdays.
- You are age 12 or younger. This age group receives free general admission every day.
- You present a Lone Star Card and photo ID.
- You are accompanying a guest with accessibility needs.
- You are visiting only the library, shop, restaurants, or Glassell School.
- You are age 18 or younger and visiting on a Saturday or Sunday with a library card from any public library in Texas. The library cardholder receives one free general admission; offer does not apply to ticketed exhibitions or events.
- You are a college student with an art-related assignment or attend an institution that participates in the University Partnership Program. Learn More
Free Admission for Participants in the Texas Lone Star Card Program
Participants in the Texas Lone Star Card program receive free access to the buildings on the Museum’s main campus, as well as Bayou Bend and Rienzi. A guest who presents a Texas Lone Star Card and photo ID can receive free admission for up to 6 people on one card.
Excludes dated and timed-entry events, including films, programs, special events, and some ticketed exhibitions. Please be sure to call ahead for tour information for Bayou Bend (713.639.7750) and Rienzi (713.639.7800).
Free General Admission for Bank of America Cardholders
As part of the “Museums on Us” customer benefit program, each Bank of America cardholder receives one free general admission, applicable to the first full weekend of every month.
Present a valid Bank of America, Merrill, or Bank of America Private Bank credit or debit card and photo ID at point of entry. Admission is nontransferable and good for one free general admission for the cardholder only. Offer does not include ticketed exhibitions or events.
Bank of America associates are also eligible for free general admission on designated “Museums on Us” weekends. Present current proof of employment and photo ID.
Save with CityPASS
Houston CityPASS makes sightseeing easy and affordable. Save 51% on admission to Houston’s 5 top attractions, including the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Visit the attractions at your own pace, in any order, over 9 days. Purchase CityPASS online for immediate, paperless mobile delivery. Learn More
Explore the Museum on Your Mobile Device
Group Visits and Tours
The Museum offers tours and packages to groups of 10 or more for the Museum’s collections and selected exhibitions. Membership benefits and free individual admission may not be used in conjunction with school or group visits. Tours led by outside parties not allowed; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of your visit for all tour requests. Learn More
The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza; PNC Roof Garden; and Lillie and Hugh Roy Cullen Sculpture Garden
Open daily, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Official Media Partner: