Hours & Admissions
Tuesday & Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, 12:15 to 7 p.m.
Closed Monday, except holidays
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
• Check the daily calendar for exceptions.
• Bayou Bend and Rienzi observe different hours.
• For parking garage hours, fees, and locations, visit mfah.org/parking.
General admission provides access to the MFAH art collections. Purchase online or drop by any admissions desk.
|MFAH Member (Join now!)||Free|
|Adult General Admission (19+)||$15|
|Senior General Admission (65+ with ID)||$10|
|Military General Admission (with ID)*||$10|
|College Student General Admission (19+ with ID)||$7.50|
|Youth General Admission (13–18)||$7.50|
|Child General Admission (12 & younger)||Free|
* For discounted military admission, present identification in person at time of purchase. The $10 admission is applicable to active-duty personnel, reserves, and retirees, including spouses, of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard, and Coast Guard.
No Need to Pay General Admission If …
- You are visiting on a Thursday, when general admission is free for everyone, courtesy of Shell. Ticketed exhibitions are separate from general admission and remain ticketed on Thursdays.
- You are age 12 or younger. This age group receives free general admission every day.
- You are age 18 or younger and visiting on a Saturday or Sunday with a library card from any public library in Texas. The library cardholder receives one free general admission; offer does not apply to ticketed exhibitions or events.
- You are a visitor to the library, shop, or café.
- You are a teacher visiting the Kinder Foundation Education Center in the Law Building.
- You are a college student with an art-related assignment or attend an institution that participates in the University Partnership Program. Learn more.
Museums on Us
Free General Admission for Bank of America Cardholders
Each Bank of America cardholder gets one free general admission to the MFAH as part of the Museums on Us customer benefit program, applicable to the first full weekend of every month.
Present a valid Bank of America/Merrill Lynch credit or debit card and photo ID at point of entry. Admission is nontransferable and good for one free general admission for the cardholder only. Offer does not include free admission to ticketed exhibitions or events.
Bank of America associates are also eligible for free general admission on designated Museums on Us weekends. Present current proof of employment and photo ID.
Buy CityPASS and Save
Want to explore Houston’s sights for one easy price? Save 48% on admission to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, and four other Houston attractions when you buy a CityPASS ticket booklet. Learn more and buy online.
Group Visits and Tours
The Museum offers tours and packages to groups of 10 or more for the Museum's collections and selected exhibitions. Membership benefits and free individual admission may not be used in conjunction with school or group visits. Learn More
The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza; BBVA Compass Roof Garden; and Lillie and Hugh Roy Cullen Sculpture Garden
Open daily, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Tudors to Windsors: British Royal Portraits from Holbein to Warhol
On view October 7, 2018–January 27, 2019
Tickets, available online and on-site, include access to the Museum’s art collections.
|Tuesday/Wednesday Only||Any Day Tickets|
|MFAH Member (Join now!)||Free||Free|
|Senior (65+ with ID), Military (with ID),
College Student (19+ with ID), Youth (13–18)
|Child (12 & younger)||Free||Free|
- A Tuesday/Wednesday ticket is valid for one entry on a Tuesday or Wednesday. In the event the Museum is open on a Monday holiday, tickets for that day are the same price as Tuesday/Wednesday!
- An Any Day ticket can be used on any day the Museum is open, during regular hours.
- All MFAH members receive complimentary tickets to this exhibition, based on their level of membership. Learn more
Did you know? The optional audio tour for “Tudors to Windsors” is free with your exhibition ticket, as availability allows. Delve deeper into selected works of art, with commentary and insights from MFAH curators. Offered in both English and Spanish.
Group Visits and Tours
The Museum offers discounted admission for visits, tours, and packages to groups of 10 or more for the Museum’s collections and selected exhibitions.