Hours & Admissions
Tuesday–Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday–Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, 12:15 to 7 p.m.
Closed Monday, except holidays
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Kusama: At the End of the Universe
On view June 12–September 18, 2016
Exhibition tickets are available online or on-site a first-come, first-served basis, and also provide access to the Museum’s art collections.
Questions about tickets or the experience? See the FAQs
Reserve your timed ticket in advance online, or drop by any admissions desk for your same-day ticket. Advance tickets can also be purchased on-site. Tickets may not be purchased over the phone.
|MFAH Member (Join now!)||Free|
|Child (12 & younger)||Free|
|Senior (65+ with ID), Youth (13–18), College Student (19+ with ID), Military (with ID)||$13|
A limited number of “Fast Pass” tickets, which allow guests expedited access into the exhibition, are available on-site only.
|Fast Pass Tickets|
|Guest (12 & younger)||$5|
Your general admission provides viewing of the MFAH art collections.
Purchase online or drop by any admissions desk at the Museum.
|MFAH Member (Join now!)||Free|
|Adult General Admission (19+)||$15|
|Senior General Admission (65+ with ID)||$10|
|College Student General Admission
(19+ with ID)
|Youth General Admission (13–18)||$7.50|
|Child General Admission (12 & younger)||Free|
|Military General Admission (with ID)*||$10 or Free*|
*The MFAH, a collaborator in the Blue Star Museums program, offers free admission to the nation’s active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve, from Memorial Day through Labor Day. (Does not include ticketed exhibitions.) The $10 admission is applicable to retirees, including their spouses, of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard, and Coast Guard. All free or discounted military tickets require identification to be presented in person, at time of purchase.
No Need to Pay General Admission If . . .
• You are visiting on a Thursday, when general admission is free for everyone, courtesy of Shell. Ticketed exhibitions are separate from general admission and remain ticketed on Thursdays.
• You are age 12 or younger. This age group receives free general admission every day.
• You are age 18 or younger and visiting on a Saturday or Sunday with a library card from any public library in Texas. The library cardholder receives one free general admission; offer does not apply to ticketed exhibitions or events.
• You are a visitor to the library, shop, or café.
• You are a teacher visiting the Kinder Foundation Education Center in the Law Building.
• You are a college student with an art-related assignment or attend an institution that participates in the University Partnership Program. Learn more.
Museums on Us
Free General Admission for Bank of America Cardholders
• Each Bank of America cardholder is allowed one free general admission to the MFAH as part of the
Museums on Us customer benefit program, applicable to the first full weekend of each month.
• Present a valid Bank of America/Merrill Lynch credit or debit card and photo ID at point of entry.
Admission is non-transferable and good for one free general admission for the cardholder only.
• Offer does not include free admission to ticketed exhibitions or events.
• Bank of America associates are also eligible for free general admission on designated Museums on Us
weekends. Associates must present current proof of employment and photo ID.
Buy CityPASS and Save
Want to explore Houston’s sights for one easy price? Save 48% on admission to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, and four other Houston attractions when you buy a CityPASS ticket booklet. Learn more and buy online.
Group Visits and Tours
The Museum offers tours and packages to groups of 10 or more for the Museum's collections and selected exhibitions. Membership benefits and free individual admission may not be used in conjunction with school or group visits. Learn More
Lillie and Hugh Roy Cullen Sculpture Garden
Open daily, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Official Media Partner:
Official Technology Advisor: