► Holiday Hours (December 14–January 5)*
• Sunday | 1 p.m.–4 p.m.* & 5:30 p.m–9 p.m.
• Monday | Closed
• Tuesday | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Wednesday | 10 a.m.–4 p.m.* & 5:30 p.m.–9 p.m.
• Thursday | 10 a.m.–4 p.m.* & 5:30 p.m.–9 p.m.
• Friday | 10 a.m.–4 p.m.* & 5:30 p.m.–10 p.m.
• Saturday | 10 a.m.–4 p.m.* & 5:30 p.m.–10 p.m.
• Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & New Year’s Eve
* During Christmas Village, the house & gardens close at 4 p.m. with last entry to the house at 3 p.m. and last entry across bridge (gardens only) at 3:30 p.m. Christmas Village (separate admission) opens at 5:30 p.m. GET TICKETS
Bayou Bend is the MFAH house museum for American decorative arts and paintings. Displayed in the former home of Houston civic leader and philanthropist Ima Hogg (1882–1975), the collection is one of the finest showcases of American furnishings, silver, ceramics, and paintings in the world. The house is situated on 14 acres of organically maintained gardens in Houston’s historic River Oaks neighborhood.
Open year-round, Bayou Bend welcomes thousands of visitors annually for tours and special programs. With the addition of the Lora Jean Kilroy Visitor and Education Center, which includes the Kitty King Powell Library and Study Center and the Shop at Bayou Bend, as well as state-of-the-art education and rental spaces, Bayou Bend has established its place in the continually growing cultural arts scene of Houston.