Members Exclusive Access “Ernesto Neto: SunForceOceanLife”
SOLD OUT On two special Mondays, July 26 and August 23, MFAH members have exclusive access to Ernesto Neto: SunForceOceanLife when the Museum is closed to the public. This popular immersive installation, created specifically for the MFAH by renowned Brazilian artist Ernesto Neto, transforms Cullinan Hall into a suspended walkway. Step up into the epic, hand-woven sculpture to explore the complex labyrinth of interactive pathways. The nature of this installation allows for only a limited number of visitors at one time, so members are strongly encouraged to reserve tickets in advance.
Call the members hotline at 713.639.7550, Monday–Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Members Info | Parking
Please park in the garage under the Glassell School of Art at 5101 Montrose Boulevard and enter the Museum from the garage into the Kinder Building. Because the MFAH is closed on Mondays, no other entrances are open.
Members Info | Tickets SOLD OUT
• To reserve your tickets online, log in for July 26 or August 23 and choose from the available time slots.
• To reserve by phone, call 713.639.7550, Monday–Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Admission & Guidelines
Before getting tickets, please read these guidelines carefully:
All ticket holders may explore this special site-specific installation at ground level, which is wheelchair accessible. Guests may opt to enter the sculptural work’s pathways, which are suspended in mid-air. In addition to adhering to the Museum’s pandemic safety protocols, guests need to observe the following to enter this exhibition:
• Sign a waiver—available below and on-site.
• Confirm they are able to walk without assistance.
• Wear socks; no shoes or bare feet allowed.
• Be at least 3.5 feet tall (42 inches).
• Confirm they are age 6 or older.
• Have one adult for every two minors between the ages of 6 and 12 in the group. Adults must accompany children at all times.
• Access the pathway without babies, including in carriers or strollers.
• Use sensible judgment at all times when on the pathway, especially if using cameras, smartphones, etc.
• Only small cross-body bags may be worn; purses and bags over the shoulder and back are not allowed. A locker will be provided to you and individuals in your party.
• Avoid wearing loose jewelry, which can potentially tangle with the surfaces of the pathways.
► For further details and guidelines, or to expedite your entry into the exhibition, download a copy of the waiver that each adult must sign before participating in this special experience.
• Waiver in English
• Waiver in Spanish
This exhibition is organized by the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
Major support is provided by Leslie and Brad Bucher.
Additional generous funding is provided by the Vivian L. Smith Foundation.