Parking and Transportation Options
♦ Make visiting a snap! Enlarge the map to see main-campus parking options, or download the PDF.
- Parking is available in two garages: an above-ground garage at 1144 Binz Street, and an underground garage at 5101 Montrose Boulevard.
- Parke\ing is free in both garages for MFAH visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Thursdays. General admission to the Museum is free on Thursdays, courtesy of Shell Oil Company.
- Guests with limited mobility may be dropped off at the Ewing Street end of the Main Street entrance to the Beck Building, nearest Hotel ZaZa. Please note that the garage at 1144 Binz is closest to a Museum entrance.
Parking Garage Locations
- 1144 Binz Street
- 5101 Montrose Boulevard
As you head toward the Museum from the Montrose garage, enjoy the art and nature in the Cullen Sculpture Garden, created by sculptor Isamu Noguchi.
Parking Garage Hours
6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Parking payments may be made only with a major credit card. Also accepted: MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
|31 minutes–4 hours||$6||$10|
*Parking is free in both garages for MFAH visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Thursdays. General admission to the Museum is free on Thursdays, courtesy of Shell Oil Company.
Parking at the MFAH House Museums
• Free parking is available. Guests with limited mobility may enter Bayou Bend at 2940 Lazy Lane.
• Free parking is first come, first served. Handicap-access spaces are available.
More Parking Information for . . .
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 713.639.7300 during business hours.
Take METRORail & Get Discounted Tickets
You may park along the METRORail line and take the train to the MFAH. Parking is available at the Fannin South Park and Ride, located at 1604 West Bellfort (at Fannin Street, just outside of 610 Loop South). Then, hop on the METRORail and exit at the Museum District Station located between Ewing and Binz. This will bring you within steps of the MFAH Visitors Center. The Museum campus also features stops on several METRO bus routes, including Airline/Montrose and Bissonnet.
Show your Metro Q® Fare Card and receive $5 off admission to the MFAH!
Houston Bcycle is a bike-sharing program that serves as an additional transportation alternative to the Museum. A Houston Bcycle station is located on the Museum’s campus at 5650 San Jacinto, across from the Museum District METRORail station.
You can check out a bike directly from your phone and map your ride to the nearest station, or customize to the destination of your choice with the Bcycle app. The app allows you to view the location of all B-stations, as well as how many bikes and docks are available.
More Transportation Options
Learn more about using Lyft at lyft.com/rider/cities/houston-tx
Learn more about using Uber at uber.com/cities/houston