Parking and Transportation Options
► Make visiting a snap! Enlarge the map to see main-campus parking options, or download the PDF.
Parking update: A new underground parking garage, located on Montrose Boulevard, is now open!
- The outdoor parking lot on Bissonnet, across from the Law Building, is closed permanently.
- Parking is available in two garages: an above-ground garage at 1144 Binz Street, and a new underground garage at 5101 Montrose Blvd.
- Guests with limited mobility: We recommend that you use the covered drop-off lane at the Main Street entrance to the Beck Building, or use wheelchair-accessible parking in the garage at 1144 Binz Street.
Parking Garage Locations
- 1144 Binz Street
- 5101 Montrose Boulevard
Parking payments may be made only with a major credit card. Also accepted: MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
|31 minutes–4 hours||$6||$10|
*Parking is free for MFAH visitors who enter the Museum between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Thursdays. General admission to the Museum is free on Thursdays, courtesy of Shell.
Both parking garages are open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
More Information for . . .
Still have parking questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 713.639.7300 during business hours.
• Free parking is available. Guests with limited mobility may enter Bayou Bend at 2940 Lazy Lane.
• Free parking is first come, first served. Handicap-access spaces are available.
Take METRORail and Get Discounted Tickets!
You may park along the METRORail line and take the train to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Parking is available at the Fannin South Park and Ride, located at 1604 West Bellfort (at Fannin Street, just outside of 610 Loop South), for $3 for the day. Then, hop on the METRORail for $1.25 one-way and exit at the Museum District Station located between Ewing and Binz. This will bring you within steps of the Visitor Center of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. The Museum campus also features stops on several METRO Bus routes, including Airline/Montrose and Bissonnet.
Show your Metro Q® Fare Card and received $5 off the price of each admission ticket to the Museum!
Houston Bcycle is a bike-sharing program that serves as an additional transportation alternative to the Museum. A Houston Bcycle station is located on the Museum’s campus at 5650 San Jacinto, across from the Museum District METRORail station.
You can check out a bike directly from your phone and map your ride to the nearest station, or customize to the destination of your choice with the Bcycle app. The app allows you to view the location of all B-stations, as well as how many bikes and docks are available.
More Transportation Options
Lone Star Cab
Contact Lone Star Cab at 713.444.444 or houstontransportationservices.com
Learn more about hailing a ride in Houston at uber.com/cities/houston