BBVA Roof Garden
The BBVA Roof Garden extends The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza up the slope of the walkable roof of the Steven Holl Architects–designed Glassell School of Art building. The BBVA Roof Garden is accessible to the public from steps along the sloped roof. Visitors with limited mobility can use an elevator inside the Glassell School of Art building.
Features of the BBVA Roof Garden
With Asian jasmine growing along the incline and grasses planted on the terrace, the BBVA Roof Garden functions as both a green roof and a welcoming space with natural elements.
Other features include:
- Amphitheater seating at the base of the slope, for pop-up programming and everyday use
- On the roof terrace: planted grasses, seating, and a glass-and-steel skylight
- 360-degree views of the surrounding Museum District as well as the nearby Texas Medical Center and downtown Houston
• Parking The closest Museum parking is the underground garage at 5101 Montrose Boulevard. More parking info
• Light Bites Nearby The Glassell Coffee Bar, located on the ground floor of the Glassell School, offers up coffee drinks, teas, and smoothies, as well as grab-and-go snacks. Hours and info
• Enhance your visit! Grab your headphones and listen to a Spotify playlist specially selected for you to enjoy as you explore the campus spaces.