The BBVA Compass Roof Garden extends The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza up the slope of the walkable roof of the Steven Holl Architects-designed Glassell School of Art building. The BBVA Compass Roof Garden is accessible to the public from steps along the sloped roof. Visitors with limited mobility can use an elevator inside the Glassell School of Art building.
Features of the BBVA Compass Roof Garden
With Asian jasmine growing along the incline and over the roof garden, the BBVA Compass Roof Garden functions as both a green roof and a welcoming space with natural elements.
Other features include:
- Amphitheater seating at the base of the slope, for pop-up programming and everyday relaxing
- On top of the roof: a pergola, or shaded structure, and a stunning glass-and-steel skylight
- Amazing, 360-degree views of the surrounding Museum District and nearby downtown and Texas Medical Center
• Parking The closest Museum parking is the underground garage at 5101 Montrose Boulevard. More info about parking
• Light Bites Nearby The Glassell Coffee Bar, located on the first floor of the Glassell School, offers up coffee drinks, teas, and smoothies, as well as grab-and-go snacks. Hours and info
• Enhance your visit! Grab your headphones and listen to a Spotify playlist carefully selected for you to enjoy as you view the campus’s new spaces.