The BBVA Compass Roof Garden extends The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza up the slope of the walkable roof of the Steven Holl Architects-designed Glassell School of Art building. The BBVA Compass Roof Garden is accessible to the public from steps along the sloped roof. Visitors with limited mobility can use an elevator inside the Glassell School of Art building.
Features of the BBVA Compass Roof Garden
With Asian jasmine growing along the incline and over the roof garden, the BBVA Compass Roof Garden functions as both a green roof and a welcoming space with natural elements.
Other features include:
- Amphitheater seating at the base of the slope, for pop-up programming and everyday relaxing
- A pergola, or shaded structure, on top of the roof, for cover from the sun
- A stunning glass-and-steel skylight
- Amazing views of the surrounding Museum District and nearby downtown and Texas Medical Center
• Parking The closest Museum parking is the underground garage at 5101 Montrose Boulevard. Learn more about parking and transportation options.
• Enhance your visit! Grab your headphones and listen to a Spotify playlist carefully selected for you to enjoy as you view the campus’s new spaces.