Dora Maar Fellowship
The Brown Foundation Fellows Program at the Dora Maar House is made possible through a grant from the Brown Foundation, Inc., in Houston. The program has been directed by the MFAH since 2006.
The Dora Maar House is a member of the Alliance of Artist Communities and ResArtis.
What does a Brown Foundation Fellowship at the Dora Maar House offer?
• One to three months in residence at the Dora Maar House.
• A private bedroom and bath, and a study or studio in which to work.
• Round-trip travel expenses to Dora Maar House.
• A grant based upon the length of stay at Dora Maar House.
Who is eligible to apply for residencies at Dora Maar House?
• Mid-career artists and scholars with established reputations who are engaged on a professional level in the arts and/or the humanities.
What does the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, ask of Brown Foundation fellows?
• That you enjoy the opportunities this remarkable residence offers you.
• That you use your time well.
• That you are friendly to the citizens of Ménerbes and make one public presentation to them.
• That you donate to Dora Maar House one drawing, publication, etc., created during your stay.
• That you help the Museum learn about the residence’s strengths and weaknesses and suggest how the residency experience can be improved.
• That, should a publication come from your work during the residency, you recognize the Brown Foundation Fellows Program at the Dora Maar House in your acknowledgments.
Brown Foundation fellows present a monthly salon at the Dora Maar House. Each salon takes place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The talks are either in English or French, depending on the fellow’s native language.
Free and open to the public!
Questions? Contact email@example.com