Fourth of July Celebration at Bayou Bend
Fourth of July at Bayou Bend
Celebrate Independence Day at Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens, Houston’s home for American decorative arts. With its unique blend of the arts and American history, Bayou Bend is the perfect place to salute freedom in style. The annual festival features an extravaganza of Americana, with performers, crafts, activities, and refreshments. Be sure to sign the giant Declaration of Independence before you leave! Admission is free.
• Enjoy music by the Texas Army Fife and Drum Corps; Lonestar Bluegrass Band; and guitarist JAWAD.
• Go on a hunt for hidden American flags throughout the grounds, learning facts and trivia about the iconic symbol along the way.
• Soldiers of the American Revolution demonstrate aspects of life in the British and American armies during the Revolutionary War.
• Twice during the afternoon, members of the community read the Declaration of Independence and provide context about the times. After each reading, you can toast American freedom with lemonade.
• Storyteller David Allen presents an illustrated read-aloud of We Came to America by Faith Ringgold.
• The first floor of the house is open for tours, with docents on hand to talk about the art and connections to American patriotism.
Fourth of July at Bayou Bend is generously supported by Ann and John Bookout.