Boxing Day at Rienzi
SOLD OUT | December 26, 2023
Celebrated in Great Britain on December 26, Boxing Day is a holiday when employers traditionally boxed up gifts for their workers to thank them for service throughout the year.
Today, Rienzi invites you to bring the family and enjoy a few English traditions in Houston! The Garden Club of Houston has been busy decorating the house and grounds with lights and garlands. Look for holiday needlework and garden-themed ornaments on the Christmas trees.
- 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Self-Guided Tours of the House See Rienzi at your own pace, and visit with docents in the galleries.
- 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Art-Making Activity Create your own Christmas crown with colorful jewels.
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Cookies and Cider Enjoy warm beverages and cookies, while they last!
- 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Holiday Music Harpist Emily Klein plays classical and seasonal music.
- 3 p.m. Gallery Talk Assistant curator Misty Flores explores the 17th-century painting Infant Jesus and Infant John the Baptist and the history of enconchados—oil paintings inlaid with shells and mother-of-pearl.
Tickets| SOLD OUT
Admission is free.
Education programs at Rienzi receive generous funding from the Sterling-Turner Foundation; Alkek and Williams Foundation; Carroll Sterling and Harris Masterson III Endowment; and the Caroline Wiess Law Endowment for Rienzi.