Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
By joining the MFAH, you would be working with an organization that is more than 100 years old and ranks nationally among the top 10 art museums in exhibition space, memberships, endowments, and attendance. The MFAH is a multifaceted institution comprising two gallery buildings, a sculpture garden, two art schools, and two house museums for decorative arts. The encyclopedic collection numbers nearly 70,000 works of art in a wide range of media.
The MFAH employs more than 600 people and offers job opportunities in a variety of career fields. Staffing areas include accounting, art conservation, curatorial, development, education, facility maintenance, graphics, guest services, human resources, library science, information technology, marketing, publications, retail, and security.
The MFAH is an exciting place to work, as it is always growing and changing. Your application for currently posted positions is welcome, and you are encouraged to revisit this site often for information about new opportunities.
The Museum is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
How to Apply for a Position
To apply for an open position :
Submit an application for a position, email email@example.com with these 2 documents:
- Your up-to-date résumé
- A completed MFAH Employment Application
Continue to check this website for updates on current openings. Note: Only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, is an E-Verify participant.
To learn more:
English > E-Verify Right to Work
Spanish > E-Verify Right to Work
The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
Insurance coverage is effective the first of the month following employment with the MFAH for employees in a benefit eligible status. Several programs are available, including:
- Medical Insurance: Employee and dependent coverage through a choice of managed health care programs
- Dental Insurance: Employee and dependent coverage through two plan choices
- Vision Insurance: Employee and dependent coverage through a vision program
- Life Insurance & AD&D: Employee coverage at no cost to the employee
- Long Term Disability: Employee coverage at no cost to the employee
The MFAH provides a generous schedule for time off to eligible employees under the following benefit categories:
- Paid Time Off: Used for absences from work such as vacation, illness of short duration, and personal reasons. Hours are accrued biweekly, based on employment status, length of service, and hours worked
- Reserve Time Off: Used for extended illnesses. Employees accrue up to 6 days per year, up to a maximum of 120 days
- Holidays: Full-time employees receive 10 paid holidays per year
Employees may contribute to the MFAH Retirement Savings Plan. Eligible employees contributing to the plan may receive up to a 5% matching contribution from the MFAH after one year of service.
The MFAH offers a variety of discounts and benefits as follows:
- MFAH Membership: Employees receive a free Family-level membership
- Discounts: Employees receive discounts on purchases at the Museum shop and café, and at the Glassell School of Art