Bayou Bend Family Days
Tours, Performances, Activities & More
Bayou Bend Family Days welcome you for fun and learning during selected months, usually on the third Sunday.*
Admission is free! Enjoy:
- Station-guided house tours of the first floor (children under 10 are welcome!)
- Access to Bayou Bend's remarkable historic gardens
- Performances by fantastic musicians, puppeteers, dancers, storytellers, and more
- Craft activities suited for young children
- Educational themes related to aspects of Bayou Bend
- Exhibitions, demonstrations, and workshops centered around the day’s theme
The first-floor house tours are hosted by volunteers from Houston Junior Woman’s Club.
*Check the calendar for specific days.
Tilman Fertitta Family
Spring 2019 Family Days
Sunday, February 17, 1 p.m.–5 p.m.
African American Heritage
Learn about African American artisans and inventors, musicians and authors, and others who shaped history through their work.
Sunday, March 17, 1 p.m.–5 p.m.
Explore the ways that textiles are woven into daily life.
**Sunday, April 14, 1 p.m.–5 p.m.
See how buildings and other structures form the foundation of American style.
Sunday, May 19, 1 p.m.–5 p.m.
Celebrate the history of American music and musicians.
**On selected dates, Family Day is presented jointly with Rienzi! Complimentary transportation between the two house museums is provided.