Bayou Bend Family Days
Tours, Performances, Activities & More
Bayou Bend Family Days welcome you for fun and learning during selected months, usually on the third Sunday.*
Admission is free! Enjoy:
- Station-guided house tours of the first floor (children under 10 are welcome!)
- Access to Bayou Bend's remarkable historic gardens
- Performances by fantastic musicians, puppeteers, dancers, storytellers, and more
- Craft activities suited for young children
- Educational themes related to aspects of Bayou Bend
- Exhibitions, demonstrations, and workshops centered around the day’s theme
Enjoy tours of the first floor of the house, hosted by volunteers from Houston Junior Woman’s Club.
*Check the calendar for specific days.
2017 Family Days
**Sunday, October 15, 2017, 1–5 p.m.
Feast your mind on the diversity of American food with this exploration of cuisine customs both old and new. The Bayou Bend portion of the event takes place at the Kilroy Visitor and Eduation Center!
Sunday, November 19, 2017, 1–5 p.m.
Our National Thanksgiving
Discover holiday traditions in early American culture.
**On selected dates, Family Day is presented jointly with Rienzi! Complimentary transportation between the two house museums is provided.