Bayou Bend Family Days
Tours, Performances, Activities & More
Bayou Bend Family Days welcome you for fun and learning during selected months, usually on the third Sunday.*
Admission is free! Enjoy:
- Station-guided house tours of the first floor (children under 10 are welcome!)
- Access to Bayou Bend's remarkable historic gardens
- Performances by fantastic musicians, puppeteers, dancers, storytellers, and more
- Craft activities suited for young children
- Educational themes related to aspects of Bayou Bend
- Exhibitions, demonstrations, and workshops centered around the day’s theme
The first-floor house tours are hosted by volunteers from Houston Junior Woman’s Club.
*Check the calendar for specific days.
Tilman Fertitta Family
Spring 2019 Family Days
Sunday, February 17, 1–5 p.m.
African American Heritage
Learn about African American artisans and inventors, musicians and authors, and others who shaped history through their work.
Sunday, March 17, 1–5 p.m.
Explore the ways that textiles are woven into daily life.
**Sunday, April 14, 1–5 p.m.
Examine how buildings and other structures form the foundation of American style.
Sunday, May 19, 1–5 p.m.
Celebrate the history of our nation’s music and musicians.
**On selected dates, Family Day is presented jointly with Rienzi! Complimentary transportation between the two house museums is provided.
Children’s Texas Art Festival
Sunday, January 27, 2019, 1–5 p.m.
Bayou Bend presents an afternoon celebrating art—created by and for children—that helps forge a connection to Texas and American heritage.