Tips for Visiting
Uso de Mascarilla
Sujeto a Chequeo
Mantenga la Debida Distancia
MFA Café Closed
No Se Permite
Comida ni Bebidas
|Credit Card Only; No Cash
Nada en Efectivo
No Large Bags; Coat Check Closed
Make Your Museum Visit Enjoyable
• Wear comfortable shoes! The MFAH has 300,000 square feet of exhibition space.
• Babies are welcome, and strollers are permitted.
• The MFAH operates a lost-and-found service: call 713.639.7300.
• For information about services and special programs for visitors with disabilities, call 713.639.7300 or stop by the admissions desks. Learn More
• Wheelchairs, in limited numbers, are available for temporary use during your visit; please notify an attendant in the lobby.
• For recorded visitor information in Spanish, call 713.639.7379.
• MFAH staff members speak a number of languages, including French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
• To inquire about interpretive services, stop by the admission desks.
Photography and Visitor Guidelines
• Visit mfah.org/policies to see the photography policy for the main campus, Rienzi, and Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens.
• Please help our preservation efforts and keep in mind that touching works of art is prohibited.
• Smoking of any kind, including e-cigarettes and vapor cigarettes, is not permitted inside the Museum, Glassell School, Bayou Bend, and Rienzi; not permitted in the outdoor spaces at Cullen Sculpture Garden, The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza, the BBVA Roof Garden, Bayou Bend, and Rienzi; and not permitted within 25 feet of all entrances and exits.
Parking and Public Transportation
• Visit mfah.org/parking to see where to park or to plan your trip on Houston METRO.
Firearms Not Permitted
• The MFAH is firearms-free. Firearms, including without limitation handguns, shotguns, and rifles (whether concealed or openly carried) are prohibited on the MFAH premises: See sections 30.06 and 30.07 for the policy in English and Spanish. For additional details, visit the City of Houston website: Open Carry Information