Internship & Fellowship Programs
The MFAH internship and fellowship program provides specialized training and career readiness for undergraduate and graduate students, fostering the next generation of museum professionals and active community partners. Interns and fellows gain firsthand experience working on one or more meaningful projects under the guidance of staff mentors. Interns and fellows also have the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of diverse museum careers through regular professional-development presentations and outings.
The MFAH offers paid fellowships, academic-credit internships, and unpaid internships. Please see individual job descriptions for details about whether a position is paid, unpaid, or offered for academic credit. Access complete descriptions for positions at the links below.
For special-opportunity fellowships and residencies, see information about the Mellon Undergraduate Curatorial Fellowship and Summer Academy or learn about the Core Program and Dora Maar House.
Summer 2017 Internship & Fellowship Opportunities
- Conservation, Studio Practice Fellowship (graduate level)
- Learning and Interpretation, Gallery Interpretation Fellowship (graduate level)
- Curatorial, Film Internship (undergraduate level)
- Curatorial, Modern and Contemporary Art Internship (undergraduate level)
Unpaid/Academic Credit Opportunities
- Curatorial, Asian Art Internship (undergraduate level)
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing & Communications Internship (undergradute or graduate level)
- Curatorial, Art of the Islamic Worlds Internship (graduate level)
- Curatorial, Prints and Drawings Internship (graduate level)
Application Instructions and Deadlines
Please see individual internship/fellowship descriptions (linked above) for instructions regarding the application materials requested for each opportunity. Submit all application materials via e-mail to email@example.com. When sending application materials, please include the name of the internship/fellowship opportunity to which are you are applying in the subject line of your e-mail.
The deadline to apply for the MFAH internship and fellowship program for summer 2017 is Friday, March 10.
• Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection and Notification
Only candidates chosen for interviews are contacted. Candidates selected for interviews are notified within a month of the application deadline.
• In addition to internships and fellowships, the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, offers numerous volunteer opportunities. Learn more about volunteering.
The Summer Internship Program at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, receives generous funding from the International Fine Print Dealers Association Foundation; ExxonMobil; the Lubrizol Foundation; and Gifts in honor of Beth Schneider.
The Shell Nonprofit Marketing and Communications Internship is made possible through a partnership with Volunteer Houston.