PNC Roof Garden
The PNC Roof Garden extends The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza up the slope of the walkable roof of the Steven Holl Architects–designed Glassell School of Art building. The PNC Roof Garden is accessible to the public from steps along the sloped roof. Visitors with limited mobility can use an elevator inside the Glassell School of Art building.
Features of the PNC Roof Garden
With Asian jasmine growing along the incline and grasses planted on the terrace, the PNC Roof Garden functions as both a green roof and a welcoming space with natural elements.
Other features include:
- Amphitheater seating at the base of the slope, for pop-up programming and everyday use
- On the roof terrace: planted grasses, seating, and a glass-and-steel skylight
- 360-degree views of the surrounding Museum District as well as the nearby Texas Medical Center and downtown Houston
Enhance your visit! Grab your smartphone and earbuds to hear Songs for Art, a Spotify playlist specially created for you to enjoy as you explore the campus spaces.
• Parking The closest Museum parking is the underground garage at 5101 Montrose Boulevard. More parking info
• Light Bites Nearby Cafe Leonelli offers breakfast, lunch, snacks, special coffees, and sweet treats. Hours and info