MFAH Updates: Operations after Hurricane Harvey
Thankfully, the Museum's staff, buildings, and collections are safe. Our thoughts continue to be with our fellow Texans impacted by the storm.
Below are updates on MFAH operations. If you have any questions, please contact our guest services staff after we have resumed regular business hours at 713.639.7300.
Main Campus Operations
- The Museum reopens to the public on Tuesday, September 5, with regular hours. Admission to the entire Museum is free through Thursday, September 7.
- All Museum events are canceled through Monday, September 4. Some programs resume beginning September 5. Check mfah.org/calendar for the most up-to-date schedule of events, though please bear in mind that programs may be affected as staff availability changes in the coming weeks.
- Please use the parking garage at 1144 Binz. The Montrose garage is closed for now. Learn more about parking.
Bayou Bend and Rienzi
- Both Bayou Bend and Rienzi remain closed to the public for now.
- The gardens of both house museums flooded, but the houses and their collections remain secure.
- Bayou Bend’s Kilroy Visitor and Education Center—including the meeting rooms, library, and shop—is open as usual.
- Note that most Bayou Bend and Rienzi programs that were originally scheduled in the coming weeks are canceled, but check the website calendar or contact the house museums directly if you have questions about a particular event: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Glassell School of Art
- Glassell Studio School classes at the Holcombe facility on Tuesday, September 5.
- Glassell Junior School’s fall semester begins as scheduled on Wednesday, September 6.
Event for Artists: Saving Your Art
- On Saturday, September 23, conservators and other experts share tips and assistance on recovering flood-damaged artworks. Learn more about this free workshop for artists, galleries, and collectors.
Information for Ticket Holders
- If you had already purchased tickets for a canceled or postponed event, you may exchange your tickets for a future event, request a refund, or donate the value of the tickets to the MFAH. Please e-mail email@example.com, and a Museum representative will assist you.
- All exhibition tickets for Pipilotti Rist and Paint the Revolution—including combo packs—remain valid throughout the run of the exhibitions.
Back-to-School Special: Student Discount for Paint the Revolution
- To ease the transition of a school year made even more hectic than usual, we extend a special discount to all students: Students 13 & older may purchase tickets to the exhibition Paint the Revolution for $5 with student ID. Available on-site only through Saturday, September 30. One ticket per student. More Info