Junior School: On-Site Classes
Welcome to the Glassell Junior School, devoted to nurturing creativity and dedicated to fostering an appreciation of the arts and an awareness of the world.
The Glassell campus has always had comprehensive health and safety procedures in place, and enhanced safety measures have been incorporated. These newly established procedures were formed based on recommendations from local and state authorities, as well as the MFAH administrative team, and the CDC.
Uso de Mascarilla
Sujeto a Chequeo
Safety procedures include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Entry points to the Glassell School building, and the number of visitors allowed, are limited. All visitors must check in through the main lobby.
• Face masks are required, and must be worn at all times while on campus. Face masks must cover both nose and mouth.
• All students, faculty, staff, and visitors must have their temperature taken upon entry. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter.
• Elevator capacities are limited to 2 passengers (south elevators) and 4 passengers (north/freight elevator).
• All students, faculty, staff, and visitors are asked to self-report on illness or travel, and to self-quarantine if necessary.
• Anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (such as fever of 100.4 or higher, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, loss of taste or smell) must quarantine at home. Anyone who has tested positive, or who may have come into contact with someone who has tested positive, must quarantine at home.
• If a student, or anyone in the student’s immediate household, has been placed under quarantine by another school/location, do not come to art class. Students must quarantine at home, and you must notify the Glassell School of the terms of your quarantine.
• All classrooms operate at a reduced capacity to allow for proper social distancing. No more than 10 students and 1 instructor permitted.
• Desks in classrooms are arranged to allow for the recommended distance of 6 feet between students. Students may not gather in large groups.
• Restroom breaks should be staggered appropriately. Glassell facilities are cleaned and sanitized throughout the day, with extra attention to high-touch surfaces like faucets and door handles.
• Hand-sanitizing stations can be found in the main lobbies. Classrooms are stocked with hand sanitizers, disinfecting cleansers, and antibacterial hand soap. Hand washing should be repeated throughout the day.
Please note: By registering for class, students are committing to wearing a mask at all times in the school building and to following all current and future safety measures.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.639.7700.