FAQs for “Kusama: At the End of the Universe”
Kusama: At the End of the Universe features two intimate, room-sized installations: Love Is Calling and Aftermath of Obliteration of Eternity. Learn more about how to experience the exhibition below.
Still have questions? Call 713.639.7300 during business hours, or go to Hours & Admissions to learn more about how to visit the Museum. Please note that Fast Pass tickets may not be purchased online or over the phone.
How do I get into the exhibition?
- What are “Fast Pass” tickets?
- All advance timed tickets to Kusama: At the End of the Universe are sold out. Only same-day Fast Pass tickets remain.
- Fast Pass tickets are only available for same-day visits and are sold on-site only. Please note that tickets typically sell out within a few hours of opening.
- Fast Pass tickets allow guests to enjoy the rest of the Museum, instead of waiting in line to enter the exhibition.
- Fast Pass tickets are valid only for the time printed on the Fast Pass ticket on the day of issue.
- Everyone in your party using the Fast Pass line into the exhibition must have a Fast Pass ticket.
- Fast Pass tickets are subject to availability.
- MFAH members and ages 18 and younger receive discounted Fast Pass tickets. Learn more about Fast Pass ticket prices.
- You will be assigned a time slot when you purchase your ticket. Once you have your ticket, plan to arrive at least five minutes prior to the assigned time on your ticket.
- Your ticket is good for one entry to each of the installations in the exhibition. Because of the intimate nature of the installations within the exhibition and to accommodate as many guests as possible, we are not able to permit multiple visits to the rooms.
- Ticketed exhibitions such as Kusama: At the End of the Universe are separate from general admission to the Museum's art collections. Visitors need tickets at all times, including Thursdays, when admission to the MFAH art collections is free.
- Kusama: At the End of the Universe tickets include admission to the rest of the Museum. Children 12 and younger get in for free. Youths ages 13–18, seniors, students, and military personnel receive reduced-rate tickets. Learn more about ticket prices.
- Because of the timed nature of the experiences, if you’ve missed your assigned time slot for the day, you will need to purchase another ticket for another time that day, or for another day. We recommend showing up at least five minutes prior to your time slot to avoid disappointment. No refunds or exchanges.
- Groups of 20 or more may arrange for after-hours access on specific days. Reservations are needed at least two weeks in advance, so please call our group sales line at 713.639.7878 for details. For a visit during regular hours, a guest may buy up to nine tickets, based on availability.
Once I have my ticket, what can I expect to experience in the exhibition?
- Each installation in the exhibition is intended to be enjoyed by a small number of people at a time. The first installation, Love Is Calling, accommodates 5–7 guests for approximately two and a half minutes. The second, Aftermath of Obliteration of Eternity, accommodates 2–3 individuals for about one minute.
- Children 12 and younger must be accompanied into each installation by an adult. One of the rooms allows only up to three people to enter at the same time; if there are more than two children in your party, please be sure any children waiting for their turn are supervised by another adult in your party.
- Individuals with sensitivity to small rooms or changes in lighting are advised.
- Both installations are wheelchair accessible. However, please note that motorized wheelchairs and vehicles are not permitted. Wheelchairs, available at the Museum’s bag and coat check rooms, are free to check out with a valid photo ID.
- Single strollers are permitted, but the rooms cannot accommodate large strollers and double-wide strollers.