HIRSCH LIBRARY: PUBLIC REOPENING
We’re pleased to welcome researchers to the Hirsch Library, open to the public from Wednesday through Saturday. Appointments are recommended.
Wednesday–Friday | 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday | 12 noon to 5 p.m.
To safely accommodate each patron, the following guidelines have been put in place:
- All Museum visitor protocols are observed.
- A maximum of 5 patron groups will be allowed in the library at any given time.
- Each research station will include a computer terminal with Internet access and word processing functionality.
- Patrons will be encouraged to request research materials in advance of their visit during the reservation process. Patrons may request additional research materials while on-site via the library’s online catalog.
- Patrons should bring all other necessary research supplies with them, including pencils, paper, devices, chargers, flashdrives, etc.
- Library staff will copy and scan materials for patrons as requested.
- Additional masks will be provided as needed.
- Research stations will be sanitized following each visit.
Schedule Your Visit
In an effort to provide equitable access to our facilities and resources, an online appointment system has been developed. Schedule your visit here. Reservations can also be made by emailing us at email@example.com or calling 713.639.7325. Each reservation period is for a two-hour time slot. Patrons will be limited to one reservation per day. Extensions to existing reservations will be accommodated if other reserved research stations are not full. While reservations are strongly encouraged, walk-ins will also be welcomed. Each walk-in period is for a one-hour time slot. Extensions will be accommodated as possible.
We look forward seeing you very soon and assisting you with your research needs!
—Hirsch Library Staff