Summer Fun at the MFAH
Welcome! The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, is the place to be this summer, with activities for all ages—adults and kids alike. You'll find wonderful opportunities to connect with and explore the world of art through gallery programs, guided tours, art-making, films, and more. The MFAH is especially lively on Thursdays, when general admission is free and the Museum is open late. Kids 12 & under always get in free to the MFAH!
► Hours and Admissions
► Información sobre el Museo
► General Tips for All Visitors
► Visiting Tool Kit for Families
► Parking Info
► Enjoying the Museum for Free
See & Do Something New Every Day!
In addition to the ideas below, check the online calendar often for a look at all the possibilities.
Explore the Art
Lose yourself in the Museum's art collections, and explore the wonderful variety of special exhibitions, including:
• Kusama: At the End of the Universe On view through September 18
• Infinite Pause: Photography and Time On view through September 5
• Selections from the Museum’s Collection: Post-War Painting and Sculpture On view through September 5
• Statements: African American Art from the Museum’s Collection On view through September 25
Bring the Family
Discover everything the Museum has to offer with these programs and activities for families! Check the links below for more information.
At the MFAH
• Sunday Family Zone Sundays, 1–4 p.m.
• Family Storybook Circle Tuesdays in June & July, and Tuesday, August 2, 11:30 a.m.
• Little Artists First Friday of the month, 10:30 a.m.
• Our Youngest Artists Fourth Friday of the month, 10:30 a.m.
• Saturday Sketch! Selected Saturdays, 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
At the House Museums
• Detective Days at Bayou Bend Tuesdays–Saturdays, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. Sundays, 1–4 p.m.
• Storytime Tours at Rienzi Wednesdays in June & July, 10 a.m.
Let's Go to the Movies
See a movie on the big screen! The MFAH presents the best in cinema year-round, and the Museum's Brown Auditorium Theater is the perfect place to beat the summer heat.
► See the schedule & get tickets.
Time to Eat
Fuel your outing with a stop at the MFA Café, open for lunch Tuesday through Sunday! In addition to the Italian-inspired menu, enjoy daily specials and weekend brunch options.
On weekdays, bring your lunch receipt from the MFA Café or food truck to any admissions desk and receive free same-day general admission from 12 noon to 2 p.m. Enter the Museum during those hours, and stay as long as you wish, until closing time.
Visit Bayou Bend
Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens, the MFAH house museum for American decorative arts, is set amidst 14 acres of beautiful gardens in the historic River Oaks neighborhood.
► For more about Bayou Bend, visit mfah.org/bayoubend or call 713.639.7750.
Check It Out! More for Families
Make your visit a great experience for the entire family.
Looking for fun gallery activities?
► Visit the Kinder Foundation Education Center to discover the possibilities.
Interested in more family programs?
► Visit the online calendar for year-round activities.
Questions? Feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.