Summer Fun at the MFAH
Welcome! The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, is the place to be this summer, with activities for all ages—adults and kids alike. You'll find wonderful opportunities to connect with and explore the world of art through gallery activities, music, movies, tours, art making, and more. The MFAH is especially lively on Thursdays, when general admission is free and the Museum is open late. Kids 12 & younger always get in free!
► Hours and Admissions
► Información sobre el Museo
► General Tips for All Visitors
► Visiting Tool Kit for Families
► Parking Info
► Enjoying the Museum for Free
Explore the Art
- Vincent van Gogh: His Life in Art on view through June 27
- Between Play and Grief: Selections from the Latino American Collection on view through September 8
- William Forsythe: Choreographic Objects on view through September 15
- and more!
Bring the Family
Discover everything the Museum has to offer with these programs and activities for families! Check the links below for more information.
At the MFAH
• Sunday Family Zone Sundays, 1 p.m.–4 p.m.
• Sunday Family Studio Selected Sundays, 1 p.m. & 2:30 p.m.
• MFAH Playdate First Tuesday of the month, 10:45 a.m.
• Little Artists First Friday & Saturday of the month, 10:30 a.m.
• Our Youngest Artists Selected Fridays & Saturdays, 10:30 & 11:30 a.m.
• Summer Art Explorers: Start Your Adventure! Thursdays, 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Music on the Plaza June 28 & August 30, 6 p.m.–9 p.m.
At Bayou Bend
Let’s Go to the Movies
See a movie on the big screen! The MFAH presents the best in cinema year-round, and the Museum’s Brown Auditorium Theater is the perfect place to beat the summer heat.
Time to Eat
Fuel your outing with a stop at the MFA Café, open for lunch Tuesday through Sunday! In addition to the Italian-inspired menu, enjoy daily specials and weekend brunch options.
Plus, you can check to see which of the different daily food trucks is parked under the covered porch of the Beck Buiding at 5601 Main Street.
On weekdays, bring your lunch receipt from the MFA Café or food truck to any admissions desk and receive free same-day general admission from 12 noon to 2 p.m. Enter the Museum during those hours, and stay as long as you wish, until closing time.
Visit Bayou Bend
Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens, the MFAH house museum for American decorative arts, is set amidst 14 acres of beautiful gardens in the historic River Oaks neighborhood.
► For more about Bayou Bend, visit mfah.org/bayoubend or call 713.639.7750.