Spring Break at the MFAH
Visit during Spring Break! The MFAH is open all week, Monday–Friday, March 11–15, 2019, with engaging activities, tours, and creative programs for all ages.
• Browse the highlights below for a look at all the fun throughout the Museum, Rienzi, and Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens.
• The beautiful outdoor spaces—The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza; BBVA Compass Roof Garden; and Cullen Sculpture Garden—are open every day from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Plan ahead for your visit with parking information.
Visit the Galleries
Explore the exhibitions and installations to see art from all around the world. Revisit old favorites, and find new ones!
• Vincent van Gogh: His Life in Art
• Peter Fischli and David Weiss: Büsi (Kitty)
• Odyssey: Jack Whitten Sculpture, 1963–2017
• Sally Mann: A Thousand Crossings
• Mending: Craft and Community
• Eye on Houston: High School Documentary Photography
The MFAH is a hub of Spring Break fun, with lots of ways for families to explore the Museum together. In addition to the programs below, see the calendar for a day-by-day list.
► Spring Break at the Museum
Monday–Friday, March 11–15, 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
► Spring Break at Bayou Bend
Monday–Friday, March 11–15, 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
► Spring Break at Rienzi
Monday–Friday, March 11–15, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
► Teen Workshop: Identity & Photography
Monday, March 11, 10 a.m.
► Family Art-Making Activity for Members
Wednesday, March 13, 1 p.m.
► Family Resources
Make the most of your visit! Stop by the KFEC (Kinder Foundation Education Center) for helpful tips from the friendly staff. For extra fun in the galleries, borrow one of the many different Family Packs. Ask about the storybook checkout program, too!
Take in a movie on the big screen! MFAH Films presents the best in cinema year-round, from classic films to new releases.
• Loving Vincent
The world’s first fully oil-painted feature film details the complicated life of Vincent van Gogh. Screenings include matinees on Tuesday & Thursday, March 12 & 14!
• A Bread Factory, Part I and A Bread Factory, Part II
This engaging comedy-drama follows the story of a community arts center in jeopardy of closing. Screenings on Friday, Saturday & Sunday: March 15, 16 & 17.
Visiting for Free
• Kids 12 & younger always get in free to the MFAH and Rienzi, and ages 9 & younger get free admission at Bayou Bend.
• Admission is always free to the outdoor spaces on the main campus: The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza; BBVA Compass Roof Garden; and Cullen Sculpture Garden.
• Lone Star Card participants receive free access to the buildings on the Museum’s main campus, as well as Bayou Bend and Rienzi.
• On Thursday, the Museum is open until 9 p.m. with free general admission for everyone, courtesy of Shell Oil Company.