Spring Festival: Celebrating Colors
In the spirit of community and collaboration, join the fun at this spring festival! Celebrate colors and the birthday of Vincent van Gogh (March 30, 1853) with music, art activities, games, and more for all ages.
Check out the list below, and drop by at any time.
- Celebrate Vincent van Gogh’s birthday with cake from the MFA Café
- Enjoy bites from the day’s food carts: Popston, Coffee Q, and Big Boss Dogs
- Stop by the Art of the Spirits Bar (opens at 5 p.m.)
- Art-making activity: Shibori tie dye with indigo
- Art-making activity with Asia Society Texas Center
- Button-making activity with the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
- Design activity with Houston Community College department of fashion design
- Play Garden Quest III: The Legend of Stella
ARTISTS IN ACTION
- GONZO247, Houston street artist
- Emily Fens, Houston artist
- Claudia Zopoaragon, MFAH teaching artist
- Inprint Poetry Buskers
LOOK & LISTEN
- Enjoy music by Da Camera
- See a performance by the Heights Funk Collective
- Watch short films: The Red Balloon; Ish; and The Dot
- Solve an art mystery with UH ASL student interpreters
Drop in! This event is free. Admission to the Museum and the exhibition “Vincent van Gogh: His Life in Art” is available separately, until 7 p.m. For ages 12 & younger, Museum admission is always free.
“Spring Festival: Celebrating Colors” takes place rain or shine.
MORE ON THE MFAH BLOG
• GONZO247: Celebrating Community, Color & Vincent van Gogh