Spring Break at Bayou Bend
Visit Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens during Spring Break! Enjoy a wide range of child-friendly activities in the gardens, the mansion, and the Lora Jean Kilroy Visitor Center. Free admission for ages 17 & younger.
• Self-Guided Garden Tours (10 a.m.–5 p.m.) Discover the blooming flowers and natural beauty of Bayou Bend during springtime. Along the way, you’ll find art-making activities, guest experts, and exploration stations related to history, nature, and springtime.
• First-Floor Open House Tours (10 a.m.–4 p.m.) Young visitors receive a special guide to the house with a focus on nature in art. Docents are stationed throughout the house until 3 p.m. each day, too!
• Historical Game Zone in the Diana Garden (11 a.m.–4 p.m.) Enjoy spring weather as you play popular outdoor games in early America, such as quoits, graces, jump rope, and shuttlecock.
• Art-Making: Colors of Nature on the South Lawn (10 a.m.–4 p.m.) Stop by this station to color a sheet, found in your Spring Break passport, inspired by the blooms and creatures on the mansion’s Dining Room wall coverings.
• Colonial Campsite (1–4 p.m.) Get hands-on with some reproduction objects that help young minds imagine how daily life has changed from America’s earliest days to the present. Reproduction examples of cookware, toys, writing instruments, clothing, and more can be touched and handled here!