“Royals” Doggie Day
Bring your favorite canine pals to a fun-filled afternoon on The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza! Dress up your crowd-friendly, leashed dogs for activities inspired by the dogs on view in the portraits of Tudors to Windsors: British Royal Portraits from Holbein to Warhol. Be sure to visit the exhibition beforehand for inspiration from 500 years of British royalty.
- The “Most Regal” dog-costume competition begins at 2:45 p.m. Spots are limited, so arrive early to sign up. The winner—the dog with the most regal and creative costume, and best royal strut—receives a dog-spa appointment valued at $150! Special guest judges include Houston Chronicle writer Amber Elliott and Julie Keck with Jackson the Dalmatian
- Walk your pup in the royal pawrade, open to all
- Enjoy refreshments by Big Boss Bites and Popston
- Stop by the doggie-portrait photo booth to snap memorable pics
- Join in art-making activities to craft royal collars and crowns (for both pets and people!)
- Visit the vendors, including the Barkday Planner, BYOD (Bring Your Own Dog) Furrever Doggies, Kim Tonks Photography, Three Dog Bakery, and Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming, with dog adoptions from the ASPCA and Best Friends Animal Society
- And more!
Drop in! This event is free. Admission to “Tudors to Windsors: British Royal Portraits from Holbein to Warhol” is available separately.