Lunar New Year Celebration 2017
Celebrate the 2017 Lunar New Year at this family festival inspired by the art of Emperors’ Treasures: Chinese Art from the National Palace Museum, Taipei. Welcome the Year of the Rooster with art-making activities, special tours, performances, and more!
The festival includes:
- Art-Making Activities Designed for all age groups! Create paper lanterns, practice calligraphy, decorate fortune cookies, and more.
- Exhibition Tours Join curatorial staffers Amy Poster and Beatrice Chan for 30-minute tours of Emperors’ Treasures at 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 2 p.m. English and Mandarin tours are available. Tickets to the exhibition are available for purchase on-site and online. Children ages 12 & younger always get in free.
- North America Youth Chinese Orchestra At 11:30 a.m. hear an hour-long concert by talented young musicians who play traditional Chinese instruments.
- Golden Dragon Lion Dance Group The finale features a thrilling performance by lion and dragon dancers!
- Refreshments Enjoy bites from the day’s food truck, Tu-Go Kitchen. Beverages are also available for purchase.
Drop in! This event, which takes place on January 28, 2017, is free.
The fun continues with our neighbors Asia Society Texas Center! From 1 to 4 p.m., join Asia Society in exploring the customs and cultures of East Asia with free performances, art activities, games, storytelling, and a look at the new exhibition Modern Twist: Contemporary Japanese Bamboo Art.