Family Day at Bayou Bend “Women in America”
Visit Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens for an afternoon of family-friendly fun celebrating the contributions of women to early American life.
- 1:30 p.m. Enjoy music by the Traveling Murphys.
- 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Stop by for short readings of “The Declaration of Sentiments” (1848).
- 3 p.m. Watch the “Grandpa’s Garden” theatrical program by Brave Little Company.
4 p.m. See the “Spring Equinox Danza Azteca” by Calmecac Indigenous Arts Organization, honoring the ancestral connection to Mother Earth.
- 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Create a needlework inspired by the 19th-century Woolwork Picture in the Bayou Bend Collection.
- 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Listen to a costumed interpreter talk about inventions from the 1800s and early 1900s credited to American women.
- 1 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. In the house, learn about the lives of children from American history.
For even more family fun, visit Family Day at Rienzi! Park at Bayou Bend and take the complimentary shuttle between locations.
Education programs at Bayou Bend receive generous funding from Houston Junior Woman's Club; Sharon G. Dies; Mary Lynn and Steve Marks; Susan Vaughan Foundation; Ralph H. and Ruth J. McCullough Foundation; Ms. Bobbie Nau; and additional generous donors.
The education programs also receive endowment income from funds provided by Mr. and Mrs. A. L. Ballard; Mr. and Mrs. Charles W. Tate; and the James William Glanville and Nancy Hart Glanville Endowment.