Behind the Ropes: Antiques Detectives at Bayou Bend
Visit Bayou Bend for a multi-week class, getting up close and personal with a selection of America’s great historical treasures. By the end of the course, you’ll come away with an enriched perspective regarding the objects and the hidden history within.
- Learn to look closely with an antiques photo safari
- Create a pop-up exhibition
- Make a pendant using historical smithing techniques
- Debate, question, discuss, and ponder during experiences with the collection
Dates & Times
This class takes place on five Tuesdays, and your ticket provides admission to all of the sessions. Note: Purchase your ticket between October 3 & 9, and your registration is good for all four remaining sessions.
- Tuesday, October 2, 7 p.m.–9 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 9, 7 p.m.–9 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 16, 7 p.m.–9 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 23, 7 p.m.–9 p.m.
Tuesday, October 30, 7 p.m.–9 p.m.
$60 MFAH members (reduced from $75)
$76 Adult nonmembers (reduced from $95)
Reserve your spot! Discounted registration for the remaining four sessions is available through October 9. Get your reduced-cost tickets by phone at 713.639.7750 during business hours, or in person at Bayou Bend. Registration for individual dates is not available.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.639.7750.