General admission provides viewing of the MFAH art collections and most exhibitions. Purchase online below, or drop by any admissions desk at the Museum.
*The Museum provides free general admission to active members of the U.S. military and reserves with valid ID, as well as to military families with dependent cards. Available in person at any admissions desk.
No Need to Pay General Admission If . . .
- You are visiting on a Thursday, when general admission is free for everyone, courtesy of Shell Oil Company.
- You are age 12 or younger. This age group receives free general admission every day.
- You present a Lone Star Card and photo ID.
- You are age 18 or younger and visiting on a Saturday or Sunday with a library card from any public library in Texas. The library cardholder receives one free general admission; offer does not apply to ticketed exhibitions or events.
- You are a visitor to the library, shop, or café.
- You are a teacher visiting the Kinder Foundation Education Center in the Law Building.
Museums on Us
Free General Admission for Bank of America Cardholders
- Each Bank of America cardholder is allowed one free general admission to the MFAH as part of the Museums on Us customer benefit program, applicable to the first Saturday and Sunday of each month.
- Present a valid Bank of America/Merrill Lynch credit or debit card and photo ID at point of entry.
- Admission is non-transferable and good for one free general admission for the cardholder only.
- Offer does not include free admission to ticketed exhibitions or events.
- Bank of America associates are also eligible for free general admission on designated Museums on Us
- weekends. Associates must present current proof of employment and photo ID.
Save with CityPASS
Houston CityPASS makes sightseeing easy and affordable. Save 47% on admission to Houston’s 5 top attractions, including the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Learn more and purchase booklets or printable vouchers ONLINE.
Group Visits and Tours
The Museum offers tours and packages to groups of 10 or more for the Museum's collections and selected exhibitions. Membership benefits and free individual admission may not be used in conjunction with school or group visits. Learn More
Lillie and Hugh Roy Cullen Sculpture Garden; The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza; and BBVA Roof Garden
Open daily, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.