► Scroll down for general admission tickets, which include access to visit the MFAH art collections and most exhibitions.
• See the latest visiting guidelines here. Advance timed tickets recommended. We welcome all visitors at any time.
General admission provides viewing of the MFAH art collections and most exhibitions. Purchase online below, or drop by any admissions desk at the Museum.
The Museum provides free general admission to active members of the U.S. military and reserves with valid ID, as well as to military families with dependent cards. Available in person at any admissions desk.
No Need to Pay General Admission If . . .
- You are visiting on a Thursday, when general admission is free for everyone, courtesy of Shell Oil Company. Ticketed exhibitions are separate from general admission and remain ticketed on Thursdays.
- You are age 12 or younger. This age group receives free general admission every day.
- You present a Lone Star Card and photo ID.
- You are age 18 or younger and visiting on a Saturday or Sunday with a library card from any public library in Texas. The library cardholder receives one free general admission; offer does not apply to ticketed exhibitions or events.
- You are visiting only the library, shop, café, or Glassell School.
- You are a college student with an art-related assignment or attend an institution that participates in the University Partnership Program. Learn More
Museums on Us
Free General Admission for Bank of America Cardholders
- Each Bank of America cardholder is allowed one free general admission to the MFAH as part of the Museums on Us customer benefit program, applicable to the first Saturday and Sunday of each month.
- Present a valid Bank of America/Merrill Lynch credit or debit card and photo ID at point of entry.
- Admission is non-transferable and good for one free general admission for the cardholder only.
- Offer does not include free admission to ticketed exhibitions or events.
- Bank of America associates are also eligible for free general admission on designated Museums on Us
- weekends. Associates must present current proof of employment and photo ID.
Save with CityPASS
Houston CityPASS makes sightseeing easy and affordable. Save 51% on admission to Houston’s 5 top attractions, including the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Visit the attractions at your own pace, in any order, over 9 days. Purchase CityPASS online for immediate, paperless mobile delivery. Learn More
Group Visits and Tours
School tours are full through April. To schedule a school tour in May, please email email@example.com with your request. The Museum offers tours and packages to groups of 10 or more for the Museum's collections and selected exhibitions. Membership benefits and free individual admission may not be used in conjunction with school or group visits. Learn More
Lillie and Hugh Roy Cullen Sculpture Garden; The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza; and PNC Roof Garden
Open daily, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The above information applies to the main Museum campus.
Bayou Bend and Rienzi have separate admission schedules.