Make Your Museum Visit Enjoyable
• Wear comfortable shoes! The MFAH has 300,000 square feet of exhibition space.
• Bring your baby to the MFAH: Strollers are permitted.
• Coat- and bag-check services are available for free in both the Beck and Law buildings.
• The MFAH operates a lost-and-found service: call 713.639.7300.
• Enhance your visit! Enjoy a gallery talk or take a self- or docent-guided tour. Audio guides are also available. See the gallery talks and tours page to learn more.
Spend the Day
• Whenever you visit the MFAH, you may re-enter any part of the museum buildings the entire day of your admission purchase. Just show your MFAH sticker.
• No need to leave for a lunch break, a cup of coffee, snacks, or dinner. You can even arrive early for breakfast! Enjoy a variety of dining options at Cafe Express and the on-site food trucks. (Food and beverages are not permitted in Brown Auditorium Theater.)
• For information about services and special programs for visitors with disabilities, click here, call 713.639.7300, or stop by the Guest Services desks of the Beck and Law buildings.
• If you need recorded visitor information in Spanish, call 713.639.7379, 24 hours a day.
• MFAH staff members also speak a number of languages, including French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
• To inquire about interpretive services, stop by the Guest Services desks of the Beck and Law Buildings.
Photography Policy: MFAH Main Campus
Still photography is permitted on the MFAH campus solely for private, noncommercial use, and only in museum galleries that are devoted to the museum's permanent collections, including the Lillie and Hugh Roy Cullen Sculpture Garden. MFAH Visitor Services attendants can help visitors identify the areas where photography is permitted. Photographs may not be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
Photography is not permitted in special exhibitions or areas designated as “No Photography”; works of art on loan from private collections or other institutions may not be photographed.
Flash photography and tripods (and similar equipment) are not permitted on the museum’s campus.
The museum reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph on its premises or to reproduce photographs of objects in its collections. Museum personnel are authorized to enforce all policies and procedures included herein.
Photography Policy: Bayou Bend and Rienzi
Still photography is permitted on the Bayou Bend and Rienzi campuses solely for private, noncommercial use, and only in the outdoor garden areas. No photography is permitted inside the Bayou Bend and Rienzi houses. All photography equipment must be checked-in and stored prior to tours of the houses. House museum staff and/or its security personnel can help visitors locate photography check-in areas. Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
Photography is not permitted in areas designated as “No Photography.”
Tripods are not permitted on the Bayou Bend and Rienzi campuses.
Bayou Bend and Rienzi reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph on their premises or to reproduce photographs of their premises. Bayou Bend and Rienzi personnel are authorized to enforce all policies and procedures included herein.
Commercial Photography and Special Requests
Because of copyright restrictions on artwork, as well as limitations imposed by crowds and staffing, professional photography is not allowed at the MFAH, Bayou Bend, Rienzi, or Cullen Sculpture Garden.
For press and other special photography requests, including commercial and educational film projects, contact the MFAH Communications Department during business hours at VRamirez-Sparrow@mfah.org or 713.639.7554.
For information about rights and reproductions in connection with photographic images from the MFAH collections, contact the Photo Services Department of the MFAH Image Library during business hours at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.639.7525.