• General Admission
• The Age of Impressionism: Great French Paintings from the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute
Tuesday–Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday–Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, 12:15 to 7 p.m.
Closed Monday, except Monday holidays
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
General admission tickets may be purchased online at a reduced price. Admission provides viewing of the MFAH art collections and most exhibitions. Click here to purchase.
|General Admission||On-site Tickets||Online Tickets|
|Senior Adult (65+)||$10||$9|
|Child (12 & younger)||Free||*|
|Military (ID required)||$10||**|
|Student (19+) (ID required)||$7.50||***|
*MFAH Members do not need to order advance general admission tickets online. Simply present your valid MFAH membership card for entry. Children 12 and younger do not need a ticket.
**For discounted military tickets, present identification in person at time of purchase. The $10 admission is applicable to active-duty members, reserves, and retirees, including their spouses, of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard, and Coast Guard.
***For discounted student tickets, present identification in person at time of purchase.
No Need to Pay General Admission If . . .
• You are visiting on a Thursday, when general admission is free for everyone, courtesy of Shell.
• You are age 12 or younger. This age group receives free general admission every day.
• You are age 18 or younger and visiting on a Saturday or Sunday with a library card from any public library in Texas. The library cardholder receives one free general admission; offer does not apply to ticketed exhibitions or events.
• You are a visitor to Cafe Express, Hirsch Library, MFAH Shop, or Glassell School exhibitions.
• You are a teacher visiting the Kinder Foundation Education Center in the Law Building.
Museums on Us
Free General Admission for Bank of America Cardholders
• Each Bank of America cardholder is allowed one free general admission to the MFAH as part of the
Museums on Us customer benefit program, applicable to the first Saturday and Sunday of each month.
• Present a valid Bank of America/Merrill Lynch credit or debit card and photo ID at point of entry.
Admission is non-transferable and good for one free general admission for the cardholder only.
• Offer does not include free admission to ticketed exhibitions or events.
• Bank of America associates are also eligible for free general admission on designated Museums on Us
weekends. Associates must present current proof of employment and photo ID.
Group Visits and Tours
The MFAH offers tours and packages to groups of 10 or more for the museum's collections and select exhibitions. Membership benefits and free individual admission may not be used in conjunction with school or group visits. Click here for details.
Lillie and Hugh Roy Cullen Sculpture Garden
Open daily, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Official airline of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston