Tuesday–Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday–Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, 12:15 to 7 p.m.
Closed Monday, except Monday holidays
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Monday–Thursday, May 27–30
For four days, James Turrell's The Light Inside, installed in the Wilson Tunnel, is closed as the Museum prepares for the exhibition James Turrell: The Light Inside, opening June 9. The tunnel reopens on May 31.
Museum Admission & Ticketed Exhibitions
1) General admission tickets may be purchased online at a reduced price. Admission provides viewing of the MFAH art collections and most exhibitions. Click here to purchase.
|General Admission||On-site Tickets||Online Tickets|
|Child (5 & younger)||Free||*|
|Military (ID required)||$6||**|
|Student (ID required)||$6||**|
2) Ticketed exhibitions allow you to reserve your preferred time slot in advance. Click here for info .
*MFAH Members do not need to order advance general admission tickets online. Simply present your valid MFAH membership card for entry. Children 5 and younger do not need a ticket.
**Military and student-rate tickets require identification to be presented in person, at time of purchase. The military discount applies to Active Duty members, Reserves and Retirees, including their spouses, of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard, and Coast Guard.
No Need to Pay General Admission If . . .
• You are visiting on a Thursday, when general admission is free for everyone, courtesy of Shell.
• You are age 5 or younger. This age group receives free general admission every day.
• You are age 6 to 18 and visiting on a Saturday or Sunday with a library card from any public library in Texas. The library cardholder receives one free general admission; offer does not apply to ticketed exhibitions or events.
• You are a visitor to Cafe Express, Hirsch Library, MFAH Shop, or Glassell School exhibitions.
• You are a teacher visiting the Kinder Foundation Education Center, located on the lower level of the Law Building.
Museums on Us
Free General Admission for Bank of America Cardholders
• Each Bank of America cardholder is allowed one free general admission to the MFAH as part of the
Museums on Us customer benefit program, applicable to the first Saturday and Sunday of each month.
• Present a valid Bank of America/Merrill Lynch credit or debit card and photo ID at point of entry.
Admission is non-transferable and good for one free general admission for the cardholder only.
• Offer does not include free admission to ticketed exhibitions or events.
• Bank of America associates are also eligible for free general admission on designated Museums on Us
weekends. Associates must present current proof of employment and photo ID.
Save on Tickets at Fiesta Mart
Buy your MFAH tickets at select Fiesta Mart locations and save! Purchase discount MFAH tickets at Houston-area Fiesta Mart stores. Visit the courtesy booth in your Fiesta Mart to purchase an adult general admission ticket for $8 and a child general admission ticket for $4.
Group Visits and Tours
The MFAH offers tours and packages to groups of 10 or more for the museum's collections and select exhibitions. Membership benefits and free individual admission may not be used in conjunction with school or group visits. Click here for details.
Lillie and Hugh Roy Cullen Sculpture Garden
Open daily, 9 a.m.–10 p.m.
Picasso Black and White
On view February 24–May 27, 2013
Picasso Black and White, the first major exhibition to focus on the artist’s lifelong exploration of a black-and-white palette throughout his career, features paintings, sculptures, and works on paper.
Click here for all tickets. Purchase in advance to reserve your preferred time slot!
MFAH Members receive free admissions, based on membership level.
|Adults (19+)||$20 (Tues.–Sun.); $17 (Thurs.)||$5|
|Seniors 65+ (with ID)||$17 (Tues.–Sun.); $14 (Thurs.)||$5|
|Students 19+ (with ID)||$17 (Tues.–Sun.); $14 (Thurs.)||$5|
|Youth (6–18)||$17 (Tues.–Sun.); $14 (Thurs.)||$4|
|Children (5 & under)||Free||N/A|
Official airline of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston