Tuesday–Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday–Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, 12:15 to 7 p.m.
Closed Monday, except Monday holidays
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
See the exhibition Houghton Hall: Portrait of an English Country House for free when you pay $15 general admission. General admission provides access to the entire Museum, all displays, and this very special exhibition! Purchase your admission online. MFAH members, and children 12 and younger, receive free entry.
|Houghton Hall + General Admission||$15|
|Senior (65+) / Military* General Admission||$10|
|Student (19+)** / Youth General Admission||$7.50|
|Child (12 & under) General Admission||Free|
|Active Military* General Admission||Free|
* The MFAH offers free general admission to active-duty military personnel and their families, Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day, through the Museum's collaboration in the Blue Star Museums program. (This does not apply to special exhibitions). The $10 admission rate is applicable to reserves and retirees, including their spouses, of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard, and Coast Guard. All free or discounted military tickets require identification to be presented in person, at time of purchase.
** For discounted student tickets, present identification in person at time of purchase.
No Need to Pay General Admission If . . .
• You are visiting on a Thursday, when general admission is free for everyone, courtesy of Shell.
• You are age 12 or younger. This age group receives free general admission every day.
• You are age 18 or younger and visiting on a Saturday or Sunday with a library card from any public library in Texas. The library cardholder receives one free general admission; offer does not apply to ticketed exhibitions or events.
• You are a visitor to Cafe Express, Hirsch Library, MFAH Shop, or Glassell School exhibitions.
• You are a teacher visiting the Kinder Foundation Education Center in the Law Building.
Museums on Us
Free General Admission for Bank of America Cardholders
• Each Bank of America cardholder is allowed one free general admission to the MFAH as part of the
Museums on Us customer benefit program, applicable to the first Saturday and Sunday of each month.
• Present a valid Bank of America/Merrill Lynch credit or debit card and photo ID at point of entry.
Admission is non-transferable and good for one free general admission for the cardholder only.
• Offer does not include free admission to ticketed exhibitions or events.
• Bank of America associates are also eligible for free general admission on designated Museums on Us
weekends. Associates must present current proof of employment and photo ID.
Buy CityPASS and Save
Want to explore Houston’s sights for one easy price? Get almost half off admission to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, and four other Houston attractions when you buy a CityPASS ticket booklet. Learn more and buy online.
Save on Tickets at Fiesta Mart
Buy your MFAH general admission tickets at select Fiesta Mart locations and save! Visit the courtesy booth in your Fiesta Mart to purchase adult general admission tickets for $12 each and youth general admission tickets for $6 each.
Group Visits and Tours
The Museum offers tours and packages to groups of 10 or more for the museum's collections and select exhibitions. Membership benefits and free individual admission may not be used in conjunction with school or group visits. Click here for details.
Lillie and Hugh Roy Cullen Sculpture Garden
Open daily, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Official airline of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston