• General Admission
• Monet and the Seine: Impressions of a River
Tuesday–Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday–Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, 12:15 to 7 p.m.
Closed Monday, except Monday holidays
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
General admission provides viewing of the MFAH art collections and most exhibitions. Purchase online or drop by any admissions desk at the Museum.
|Adult General Admission||$15|
|Senior (65+) / Military* General Admission||$10|
|Student (19+)** / Youth General Admission||$7.50|
|Child (12 & under) General Admission||Free|
|Active Military* General Admission||Free|
*For discounted military tickets, present identification in person at time of purchase. The $10 admission is applicable to active-duty members, reserves, and retirees, including their spouses, of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard, and Coast Guard.
**For discounted student tickets, present identification in person at time of purchase.
No Need to Pay General Admission If . . .
• You are visiting on a Thursday, when general admission is free for everyone, courtesy of Shell.
• You are age 12 or younger. This age group receives free general admission every day.
• You are age 18 or younger and visiting on a Saturday or Sunday with a library card from any public library in Texas. The library cardholder receives one free general admission; offer does not apply to ticketed exhibitions or events.
• You are a visitor to Cafe Express, Hirsch Library, MFAH Shop, or Glassell School exhibitions.
• You are a teacher visiting the Kinder Foundation Education Center in the Law Building.
Museums on Us
Free General Admission for Bank of America Cardholders
• Each Bank of America cardholder is allowed one free general admission to the MFAH as part of the
Museums on Us customer benefit program, applicable to the first Saturday and Sunday of each month.
• Present a valid Bank of America/Merrill Lynch credit or debit card and photo ID at point of entry.
Admission is non-transferable and good for one free general admission for the cardholder only.
• Offer does not include free admission to ticketed exhibitions or events.
• Bank of America associates are also eligible for free general admission on designated Museums on Us
weekends. Associates must present current proof of employment and photo ID.
Buy CityPASS and Save
Want to explore Houston’s sights for one easy price? Get almost half off admission to the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, and four other Houston attractions when you buy a CityPASS ticket booklet. Learn more and buy online.
Save on Tickets at Fiesta Mart
Buy your MFAH general admission tickets at select Fiesta Mart locations and save! Visit the courtesy booth in your Fiesta Mart to purchase adult general admission tickets for $12 each and youth general admission tickets for $6 each.
Group Visits and Tours
The Museum offers tours and packages to groups of 10 or more for the Museum's collections and selected exhibitions. Membership benefits and free individual admission may not be used in conjunction with school or group visits. Learn More
Lillie and Hugh Roy Cullen Sculpture Garden
Open daily, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Monet and the Seine: Impressions of a River
Order tickets for the special exhibition Monet and the Seine: Impressions of a River in advance, or just drop by! No reservations needed. Your ticket also provides general admission to the Museum. GET TICKETS
|Youth (13–18) & Senior Adult (65+)||$18||$5|
|Student (19+) & Military with ID||$18**||$5|
|Child (12 & younger)||Free||$5|
*Audio-tour ticket provides you with a single audio player, preloaded with information about the MFAH art collections in addition to the "Monet and the Seine: Impressions of a River" commentary, which includes music by the Houston Symphony.
**Student and military discount available on-site only. Present identification in person at time of purchase.
Official airline of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston