Student Alumni Organization
The Student Alumni Organization (SAO) is a donor group created specifically for the students and alumni of the Glassell School of Art. For current and former students who are passionate about giving back to the Glassell School community, the SAO provides an opportunity not only to connect with other Glassell Alumni, but also to contribute to the school’s mission. When you join the SAO, your gift allows the school to continue providing excellent instruction; to keep its tuition fees affordable; and to create an ever-growing community of artists.
Studio $75 (FMV $50)
• Eligibility for entry in the SAO Select Juried Exhibition
• An invitation to the preview party for the Annual Student Sale
Workshop $250 (FMV $125)
All of the benefits of Studio level, and
• An invitation to an exclusive Dean's Reception held at the private residence of a faculty member or donor
Exhibition $1,000 (FMV $150)
All of the benefits of Workshop level, and
• Recognition at the Annual Student Exhibition
• A complimentary copy of the annual Core publication
• One complimentary Art History course at the Glassell School
• For those who wish to contribute $2,500 or more and receive benefits that reach throughout the Museum, the Leadership Circle offers exclusive access to the MFAH.
• Leadership Circle members who designate a portion or their entire gift to the Glassell School also receive SAO benefits at the level of their Glassell donation.
To become a member of the Glassell SAO, complete the online donation form and choose Glassell School of Art when making your gift. For more information, please call 713.639.7559.
Upstairs Perimeter Gallery
The Glassell School of Art’s upstairs exhibition space, the Perimeter Gallery, has become the premier spot for short-term installations curated by Studio School department heads for a select number of students in each department.
Pictured: Works from "Studio BLOCK Show," on view through May 17, 2015.
Special Exhibitions in the Downstairs Laura Lee Blanton Gallery
Certificate of Achievement Recipients 2015
May 7–29, 2015
Opening Reception: Thursday, May 7, 6 p.m.
Studio School Lectures
In addition to the Core lecture series, the Glassell School of Art organizes two Studio School lecture series: the Naomi Turner True Lecture in the fall, which has featured artists such as John Alexander and Eric Fischl, and the Booker-Lowe Lecture in the spring, with past speakers that include Karyn Olivier and Albert Paley. These lectures are free, open to the public, and usually paired with a small reception.
Seventh Annual Booker-Lowe Lecture
April 25, 2015, 4 p.m.
Annual Student Exhibition
Annual Student Exhibition
June 5–July 10, 2015
Opening reception: Friday, June 5, 6 p.m.
The Studio School's Annual Student Exhibition is a juried selection that celebrates outstanding student work from all departments. Students are encouraged to submit one piece a year to be considered by a panel of faculty.
Annual Student Art Sale
The annual Studio School Student Art Sale is an outlet for students to sell work created over the course of the school year to an eager and enthusiastic public.
Proceeds from the sale benefit students in two ways: with 75% from the sale of each object going back to the student, and 25% going toward Glassell School scholarships.
The 2014 Student Art Sale took place December 12 & 13.