Tours, Performances, Activities & More
Bayou Bend Family Days welcome you for fun and learning during selected months, usually on the third Sunday.*
Admission is free! Enjoy:
- Station-guided house tours of the first floor (children under 10 are welcome!)
- Access to Bayou Bend's remarkable historic gardens
- Performances by fantastic musicians, puppeteers, dancers, storytellers, and more
- Craft activities suited for young children
- Educational themes related to aspects of Bayou Bend
- Exhibitions, demonstrations, and workshops centered around the day's theme
The first-floor house tours are hosted by volunteers from Houston Junior Woman's Club. Giveaways and promotions are offered through media sponsor Houston Public Radio (KUHF 88.7 and KUHA 91.7 FM).
*Check the calendar for specific days.
"Energy, a Texas Legacy"
Explore the history of energy in Texas, from the Hogg family in the 1800s, to the 21st century. This event is a joint presentation with Rienzi, featuring complimentary transportation between the two house museums.
Sunday, November 15, 2015, 1 p.m.
"Our National Identity"
Experience the ways American culture has been shaped by the nation's early generations.
Sunday, December 20, 2015, 1 p.m.
Surround yourself in the splendor of the holiday season.
Bayou Bend Family Days are presented by: