Tours, Performances, Activities & More
Bayou Bend Family Days welcome you for fun and learning during select months, usually on the third Sunday.* Family Days are always free and open to the public. Enjoy:
- Station-guided house tours of the first floor (children under 10 are welcome!)
- Access to Bayou Bend's remarkable historic gardens
- Performances by fantastic musicians, puppeteers, dancers, storytellers, and more
- Craft activities suited for young children
- Educational themes related to aspects of Bayou Bend
- Exhibitions, demonstrations, and workshops centered around the day's theme
The first-floor house tours are hosted by volunteers from Houston Junior Woman's Club. Giveaways and promotions are offered through media sponsor Houston Public Radio (KUHF 88.7 and KUHA 91.7 FM).
*Check the calendar for specific days.
Sunday, January 18, 2015, 1 p.m.
Discover traditions in African-American culture.
Love and Friendship
Sunday, February 15, 2015, 1 p.m.
Celebrate bonds of friendship and the ties that bind us through the ages.
Sunday, March 15, 2015, 1 p.m.
Enjoy spring in the city with programs celebrating nature.
Fabric of America
Sunday, April 19, 2015, 1 p.m.
Investigate the impact of textiles on the American way of life.
Energy, a Texas Legacy
Sunday, October 18, 2015, 1 p.m.
Explore the history of energy in Texas, from the Hogg family to the present.
Our National Identity
Sunday, November 15, 2015, 1 p.m.
Experience the ways American culture was shaped by early generations.
Sunday, December 20, 2015, 1 p.m.
Surround yourself in the splendor of the holiday season.
Bayou Bend Family Days are presented by: