Tours, Performances, Activities & More
Bayou Bend Family Days welcome you for fun and learning during selected months, usually on the third Sunday.*
Admission is free! Enjoy:
- Station-guided house tours of the first floor (children under 10 are welcome!)
- Access to Bayou Bend's remarkable historic gardens
- Performances by fantastic musicians, puppeteers, dancers, storytellers, and more
- Craft activities suited for young children
- Educational themes related to aspects of Bayou Bend
- Exhibitions, demonstrations, and workshops centered around the day's theme
The first-floor house tours are hosted by volunteers from Houston Junior Woman's Club. Giveaways and promotions are offered through media sponsor Houston Public Radio (KUHF 88.7 and KUHA 91.7 FM).
*Check the calendar for specific days.
Sunday, January 17, 2016, 1–5 p.m.
Early America at Work
Explore the daily chores, jobs, and industries of America in the 1600s–1800s.
Sunday, February 21, 2016, 1–5 p.m.
Our Classical Past
Uncover the classical world and its influence on early American art and design.
Saturday, March 19, 2016, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.*
Bayou Bend at 50
Celebrate Bayou Bend's 50th anniversary with a super-size family day!
*Note special date and extended time: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Sunday, April 17, 2016, 1–5 p.m.
Delight in Bayou Bend's natural wonders while learning about the plants and animals of Houston.
Sunday, September 18, 2016, 1–5 p.m.
Engage with cultural traditions and influences that Spanish-speaking peoples brought to America.
Sunday, October 16, 2016, 1–5 p.m.
Texas Legends and Energy Legacies
Discover Texas History—from the energy industry to railroads, cattle ranches, NASA, and the Alamo.
Explore the connections between great art and writing.
Bayou Bend Family Days are presented by: