Tours, Performances, Activities & More
Bayou Bend Family Days welcome you for fun and learning on the third Sunday of the month*, September through May. Family Days are always free and open to the public. Enjoy:
- Station-guided house tours of the first floor (children under 10 are welcome!)
- Access to Bayou Bend's remarkable historic gardens
- Performances by fantastic musicians, puppeteers, dancers, storytellers, and more
- Craft activities suited for young children
- Educational themes related to aspects of Bayou Bend
- Exhibitions, demonstrations, and workshops centered around the day's theme
The first-floor house tours are hosted by volunteers from Houston Junior Woman's Club. Giveaways and promotions are offered through media sponsor Houston Public Radio (KUHF 88.7 and KUHA 91.7 FM).
*Most months - see MFAH online calendar for specific days.
2012–2013 Family Days Schedule
December 16, 2012
Explore winter celebrations of many different cultures.