We offer a multitude of learning opportunities throughout the year to help K–12 educators integrate the arts into their classrooms for successful learning. Most workshops are approved by the Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented.
For more information, contact 713.639.7590 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 Programs for Educators
- Saturday, January 23 | Master Class for Educators
- Thursday, January 28 | Hearst Foundation Educator Preview
- Saturday, February 6 | Master Class for Educators
- Saturday, February 13 | Learning Through Art at the MFAH K–8 Educator Seminar: Techniques for TEKS
- Saturday, April 2 | Learning Through Art at the MFAH K–8 Educator Seminar: The ART of Problem Solving
- Tuesday–Thursday, June 7–9 | Learning Through Art K–5 Summer Institute
- Tuesday–Thursday, July 12–14 | Learning Through Art 6–8 Summer Institute
- Tuesday & Wednesday, July 26 & 27 | Summer Mini-Conference for Teachers
- Monday–Friday, August 1–5 | Special Topics in Art Education Stay tuned for registration info!
LTA/MFAH Workshops for Teachers
Learning Through Art at the MFAH (LTA/MFAH) connects the Museum's collections of world art into classroom curriculum for art, language arts, math, science, and social studies. LTA/MFAH bridges disciplines and curriculums to enable students to explore key concepts in the real world context of the art museum while teaching literacy and writing skills, math, science, and social studies. Use the Museum’s elementary and middle school curriculum to integrate higher level cognitive skills, such as observing and organizing information, making predictions, and communicating ideas and thoughts with art inquiry methods to ultimately promote the students’ development of 21st-century skills that are needed to succeed in the world.
Through discussions on works of art from the MFAH collections and hands-on art projects using everyday materials, LTA/MFAH teacher training introduces TEKS and STAAR-aligned lessons that use the visual arts to teach students how to think critically and creatively as well as encourage self-confident, self-motivated, and self-disciplined learners.
► List of LTA/MFAH Workshops
Workshops can be customized to address specific content areas, STAAR, etc. To discuss your needs, contact email@example.com or 713.639.7588. All "Learning Through Art" workshops are G/T approved.
Summer Mini-Conference for Teachers
Tuesday & Wednesday, July 26 & 27, 2016
At this annual event, teachers attend sessions presented by artists and art educators on art making, art history, and art education. Each session is based on works from the MFAH art collections and includes a studio component.