Sundays, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Every Sunday, it’s ArtTime—FamilyTime at the MFAH. Look for signs in the main lobbies to tell you which gallery the Family Zone is located in that day. In the Family Zone, spend some time with our friendly educators—sit on a pillow and read, sketch a work of art, and get involved in an investigation of a work of art. In the studio, create an art project inspired by original works of art on display in the Family Zone. This suite of programs includes:
- Sunday Storytime Make connections between a storybook and a work of art in the galleries. Begins at 1:30 p.m.
- Creation Station At this family-friendly workshop, a teaching artist encourages families to make art using materials or ideas similar to those used by the artist who created the featured work of art on display in the Family Zone.
- Gallery Adventures Visit the Family Zone, where a museum educator has looking games, books, and hands-on activities for families to use in the galleries.
Visit mfah.org/calendar for more information.
- January “The Many Colors of Henri Matisse” | Sundays, January 11, 18, 25
- February “Active Artists: A Closer Look At American Art” | Sundays, February 1, 8, 15, 22
- March “Geometric Patterns in the Arts of Islamic World” | Sundays, March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- April “Treasured Triumphs: Rubens’ Royal Tapestries” | Sundays, April 5, 12, 19, 26
- May “A Modern Take on the Natural World” | Sundays, May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- June "Status and Dress: Portraits of the Powerful" | Sundays, June 7, 14, 21, 28
- July "Beyond the Battlefield: Arms & Armor around the World" | Sundays, July 5, 12, 19, 16
- August "From Place to Place: The Art of Travel" | Sundays, August 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Sunday Family Zone + Studio at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, receives generous support from Kroger.