Sundays, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Every Sunday, it’s ArtTime—FamilyTime at the MFAH. Look for signs in the main lobbies to tell you which gallery the Family Zone is located in that day. In the Family Zone, spend some time with our friendly family educators—sit on a pillow and read, sketch a work of art, and get involved in an investigation of a work of art. In the studio, create an art project inspired by original works of art on display in the Family Zone. This suite of programs includes:
• Sunday Storytime Make connections between a storybook and a work of art in the galleries. (Begins at 1:30 p.m.)
• Creation Station At this family-friendly workshop, an MFAH teaching artist encourages families to create art using materials or ideas similar to those used by the artist who created the featured work of art on display in the Family Zone.
• Gallery Investigations Visit the Gallery Cart, where an MFAH educator has looking games, books, and hands-on activities for families.
- Sunday, March 9, 2014, 1–4 p.m.
- Sunday, March 16, 2014, 1–4 p.m.
- Sunday, March 23, 2014, 1–4 p.m.
- Sunday, March 30, 2014, 1–4 p.m.
- Sunday, April 13, 2014, 1–4 p.m.
- Sunday, April 20, 2014, 1–4 p.m.
- Sunday, April 27, 2014, 1–4 p.m.
- Sunday, May 11, 2014, 1–4 p.m.
- Sunday, May 18, 2014, 1–4 p.m.
- Sunday, May 25, 2014, 1–4 p.m.