Sundays, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Every Sunday, it’s ArtTime—FamilyTime at the MFAH. Look for signs in the main lobbies to tell you which gallery the Family Zone is located in that day. In the Family Zone, spend some time with our friendly family educators—sit on a pillow and read, sketch a work of art, and get involved in an investigation of a work of art. In the studio, create an art project inspired by original works of art on display in the Family Zone. This suite of programs includes:
- Sunday Storytime Make connections between a storybook and a work of art in the galleries. Begins at 1:30 p.m.
- Creation Station At this family-friendly workshop, an MFAH teaching artist encourages families to create art using materials or ideas similar to those used by the artist who created the featured work of art on display in the Family Zone.
- Gallery Adventures Visit the Family Zone, where an MFAH educator has looking games, books, and hands-on activities for families to use in the galleries.
Visit mfah.org/calendar for more information.
- January Theme “The Many Colors of Henri Matisse” | Sundays, January 11, 18 & 25
- February Theme “Active Artists: A Closer Look At American Art” | Sundays, February 1, 8, 15 & 22
- March Theme “Geometric Patterns in the Arts of Islamic World” | Sundays, March 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29
- April Theme “Treasured Triumphs: Rubens’ Royal Tapestries” | Sundays, April 5, 12, 19 & 26
- May Theme “A Modern Take on the Natural World” | Sundays, May 3, 10, 17, 24 & 31