The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, is dedicated to a culturally diverse internship group and encourages students from all backgrounds to apply.
What to Send
All applicants must submit the following materials:
1. MFAH Intern Application Cover Sheet
Click here to download and fill out.
2. Résumé (not to exceed 2 pages, with 1-inch margins and 12-point type) including:
- contact information (permanent and school addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail)
- academic information (grade level, major, awards, honors, etc.)
- employment history
3. Personal essay (not to exceed 500 words, double spaced, with 1-inch margins and 12-point type) about one of these three subjects:
- a class you have always wanted to take, and why
- an experience with art and/or a museum that changed your life
- an innovative strategy to engage the general public with a work of art
Save these materials as three separate files in MS Word, with file names formatted like these:
Curatorial (American) – JSmith (cover) – 25 April 2013
Curatorial (American) – JSmith (résumé) – 25 April 2013
Curatorial (American) – JSmith (essay) – 25 April 2013
How to Submit
E-mail your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org as one e-mail with three attachments. Applicants will receive a confirmation that the materials were received and are complete.
Applicants should not submit:
- a cover letter
- letters of reference, recommendation, or support
All materials must be submitted by the deadline noted on each project description. For descriptions and more information, click here.
Questions? E-mail email@example.com
Applications are reviewed by the intern supervisor. Preference is given based on how well applicants match the project descriptions and qualifications.
Selected applicants are invited to interview in person or by phone. All applicants, whether selected or not, will be notified of the outcome.