Welcome! The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, is the place to be this summer, with activities for all ages—adults and kids alike. You'll find wonderful opportunities to connect with and explore the world of art through gallery programs, guided tours, art-making, films, and more. The MFAH is especially lively on Thursdays, when general admission is free and the Museum is open late.
See & Do Something New Every Day!
In addition to the ideas below, check the online calendar often for a look at all the possibilities.
Explore the Art
Lose yourself in the Museum's art collections, and explore the wonderful variety of special exhibitions, including:
• Cosmic Dialogues: Selections from the Latin American Collection May 14–August 23
• Shadow Monsters May 23–November 1
• Habsburg Splendor: Masterpieces from Vienna’s Imperial Collections June 14–September 13
Bring the Family
Discover everything the Museum has to offer with these programs and activities for families! Check the calendar for more information.
• Sunday Family Zone and Studio at the MFAH Sundays, 1–4 p.m.
• Summer Art Explorers at the MFAH Thursdays in June & July, 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Detective Days at Bayou Bend Tuesdays–Saturdays, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. Sundays, 1–4 p.m.
• Family Programs at Rienzi Selected Wednesdays & Sundays in June & July
• Meet Max, the Knight at the Museum Thursdays–Sundays, through August, in "Habsburg Splendor"
Let's Go to the Movies
See a movie on the big screen! The MFAH presents the best in cinema year-round, and the Museum's Brown Auditorium Theater is the perfect place to beat the summer heat.
► See the schedule & get tickets.
Time for Lunch
Fuel your outing with a stop at the Museum's on-site café, open for lunch Tuesday through Sunday.
On weekdays, bring your lunch receipt from the Museum's café or food truck to any admissions desk and receive free same-day general admission from 12 noon to 2 p.m. Enter the Museum during those hours, and stay as long as you wish, until closing time.
Visit Bayou Bend
Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens, the MFAH house museum for American decorative arts, is set amidst 14 acres of beautiful gardens in the historic River Oaks neighborhood.
- Choose from a variety of tours and programs, many designed especially for children.
- Be sure to stop in at the Kilroy Visitor and Education Center to make the most of your visit.
► For more about Bayou Bend, visit mfah.org/bayoubend or call 713.639.7750.
Rienzi, the MFAH house museum for European decorative arts, sits on four acres of wooded gardens in River Oaks. In addition to tours and other special events, in June and July Rienzi offers Storytime Tours for children as well as art workshops for the whole family.
► For more about Rienzi, visit mfah.org/rienzi or call 713.639.7800. Rienzi is closed in August.
Check It Out! More for Families
Make your visit a great experience for the entire family.
Visiting the MFAH on Thursday?
► Read up on some handy tips!
Looking for fun gallery activities?
► Visit the Kinder Foundation Education Center to discover the possibilities.
Interested in more family programs?
► Visit the online calendar for year-round activities.
Questions? Feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.