The 30-minute program Little Art Adventures is designed for children ages 3 to 5 and their adult companions. The experience includes a storybook circle; creative shape and color play; making a simple art project; and an "In Search of ..." activity sheet that families can use in the galleries together.
Little Art Adventures take place on selected Fridays throughout the year. To maintain a quality experience, the Museum limits the number of participants and requires preregistration. On the day of the event, please be sure to confirm your registration in the Beck Building lobby before heading to the program in the Museum's Visitors Center.
Free with general admission. Museum members always receive free general admission.
- Friday, May 24 "Squish and Play with a Handful of Clay," in conjunction with the exhibition Beyond Craft: Decorative Arts from the Leatrice S. and Melvin B. Eagle Collection | SOLD OUT
- Friday, June 27 “Exploring a Great English House,” in conjunction with the exhibition Houghton Hall: Portrait of an English Country House | SOLD OUT
- Friday, July 25 “Family Portraits” | SOLD OUT
- Friday, August 22 “Surrounded by Soto,” in conjunction with the exhibition Soto: The Houston Penetrable | SOLD OUT
- Friday, September 26 “Mommy, Me, and Mary Cassatt” | SOLD OUT
- Friday, October 24 “Vibrant Colors in Latin American Art”
- Friday, November 21 “A Dragon’s Tale in Korean Art”