At the heart of the Museum's fundraising efforts are the Annual Fund Drives that provide for the most basic needs of the institution and supply funds to maintain Museum facilities, execute programming, and sustain the exemplary staff for which the MFAH is respected and known.
Gifts to the Annual Fund Drives can be designated to benefit any four areas of the MFAH campus:
If you have questions about the Annual Fund Drives or the Leadership Circle, please contact Anissa Cordova, annual campaigns manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.639.7559.
The Benefits of Contributing
The Leadership Circle is a group of philanthropic individuals who give at the highest levels in support of the Museum, Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens, Glassell School of Art, and Rienzi Annual Fund Drives, with contributions starting at $2,500.*
Through a diverse schedule of private events, Leadership Circle donors are able to deepen their own knowledge of the arts and become more engaged with others who share their interests. Moreover, any new or increased gifts at the Leadership Circle level are eligible to be matched on a one-to-one basis by the Margaret Alkek Williams Annual Fund Drive Challenge. This opportunity allows those individuals who choose to join the Museum’s premier giving society to nearly double the effect of their gifts.
The Leadership Circle is exclusively sponsored by Cartier.
*Annual Fund gifts may be allocated to the Museum, Bayou Bend, the Glassell School, or Rienzi, and the cumulative gift totals will determine Leadership Circle level.
Leadership Circle Donors
Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens
Gifts to the Bayou Bend Annual Fund Drive benefit the general operating budget of Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens. Contributions support tours of the collection and gardens, innovative education programs, scholarly research on the acclaimed collection, and state-of-the art conservation and maintenance of the collection. Donors automatically become members of Friends of Bayou Bend with a gift of $250.
► Donate to the Bayou Bend Annual Fund today.
Friend $250 (Fair market value $125)
- Complimentary admission to Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens for one year
- Subscription to Bayou Bend Inside/Out
- Invitation to a Holiday Reception at Bayou Bend for you and a guest
All Friend benefits, plus:
- Acknowledgment in Bayou Bend Inside/Out
- A fall or spring invitation to a special evening event
All Patron benefits, plus:
- Private tour with a member of Bayou Bend’s senior staff for you and up to five guests
- Fall and spring cocktail receptions in the homes of Bayou Bend supporters
In addition to the Bayou Bend Founder level benefits above, contributors of $2,500 or more are eligible for Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Leadership Circle benefits.
The Glassell School Student Alumni Organization
The Student Alumni Organization (SAO) is a donor group created specifically for the students and alumni of the Glassell School of Art. For current and former students who are passionate about giving back to the Glassell School community, the SAO provides an opportunity not only to connect with other Glassell Alumni, but also to contribute to the school’s mission. By joining the SAO, your gift will allow the school to continue giving excellent instruction; to keep its tuition fees affordable; and to create an ever-growing community of artists.
Studio $75 (FMV $50)
• Eligibility for entry in the SAO Select Juried Exhibition
• An invitation to the preview party for the Annual Student Sale
Workshop $250 (FMV $125)
All of the benefits of Studio level, and
• An invitation to an exclusive Dean's Reception held at the private residence of a faculty member or donor
Exhibition $1,000 (FMV $150)
All of the benefits of Workshop level, and
• Recognition at the Annual Student Exhibition
• A complimentary copy of the annual Core publication
• One complimentary Art History course at the Glassell School
• For those who wish to contribute $2,500 or more and receive benefits that reach throughout the Museum, the Leadership Circle offers exclusive access to the MFAH.
• Leadership Circle members who designate a portion or their entire gift to the Glassell School also receive SAO benefits at the level of their Glassell donation.
► To become a member of the Glassell SAO, complete the online donation form and choose Glassell School of Art when making your gift.
If your employer has a matching-gift program, you may be able to double your gift to the MFAH. Please check with your Human Resources Department to find out about opportunities to participate in a matching-gift program. Retired individuals may also qualify for matching-gift opportunities. To request a matching gift, please complete and submit a matching-gift form, obtained from your company, with your gift or notify us that a matching gift form will be sent. Below is a list of companies that provide a matching-gift program. If your employer participates in a corporate matching-gift program but is not listed, please contact Anissa Cordova at email@example.com or 713.639.7559.