Eligibility & Guidelines
Outstanding midcareer professionals in the arts and humanities are encouraged to apply for residencies from the Brown Foundation Fellows Program at the Dora Maar House.
What You Need to Do to Apply
Each application needs to include:
• C.V. (no more than 3 pages)
• Project description
• Community participation description
• 2 professional references
• Samples of your work
• Scan of your valid passport (non-EU candidates); photocopy of your ID papers (French or EU candidates)
• Proof of any necessary visas, where applicable
• $20 application fee
Deadlines Applications not submitted by the due date will not be considered.
Two cycles each year:
• Fellowships beginning February 1 or after & ending no later than June 30: Applications due by October 15
• Fellowships beginning July 1 or after & ending no later than December 15: Applications due by February 15
► Applications are accepted online only. Apply here
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- If you already have a Slideroom account, you still have to go through this site to access the Slideroom application portal (core.slideroom.com) but you can use your same log-in information.
- International applicants: please spell out your country name, rather than using abbreviated country codes.
- Be careful that you are applying for the correct active program. The MFAH has two fellowship programs that use the same Slideroom portal.
- Do not wait until the last minute to complete your application, in case of problems with Internet connections.
- Your references will be notified as soon as you complete your application. They will need time to respond to the e-mail sent by Slideroom. They have one extra week grace period after the application deadline to submit their letter of reference.
- Please alert your references that an e-mail should be in their inbox as soon as you complete your application. If they do not receive it, ask them to check that it hasn't been blocked by their spam filter, and make sure you entered it correctly.
- You can reapply, but each time, be sure to carefully read through the application, as it changes with each cycle.
- Your application is not deemed complete unless ALL of the supporting documents are submitted with the $20 fee.
- Do not mail the $20 application fee to Dora Maar. This fee is for Slideroom and their services and must be paid online when your application is submitted.
- Updates on the status of your application during the selection process are not provided.
- Letters are sent regarding the fellowship awards. Sometimes those letters do not arrive before the date indicated on the website. Your patience is appreciated.