Visit Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens during Spring Break! Enjoy a wide range of child-friendly activities in the gardens, the mansion, and the Lora Jean Kilroy Visitor Center.
• Focus on the Flowers (10 a.m.–4 p.m.) A bingo-style self-guided activity sheet gives children a game to play as they look at and appreciate the blooming flowers. Recommended for ages 6 to 12.
• Self-Guided Garden Tours (10 a.m.–4 p.m.) Discover the blooming flowers and natural beauty of Bayou Bend during springtime. Recommended for all ages.
• Spring Story Zone (10 a.m.–4 p.m.) Stop by the library at the Kilroy Visitor Center and select a book that focuses on springtime. Recommended for ages 3 & up.
• Open House Tours (10 a.m.–4 p.m.) Recommended for all ages.
• Nature Inside & Out (10 a.m.–4 p.m.) This Detective Days scavenger hunt reveals ways that nature can influence art and design. Recommended for ages 6 to 12.
• Arts & Crafts (11 a.m.–4 p.m.) Take part in family art activities in the gardens and at the Kilroy Visitor Center inspired by the flowers and trees at Bayou Bend. Recommended for ages 3 & up.
• Colonial Campsite (1–4 p.m.) Have some old-fashioned fun in the gardens with Bayou Bend’s collection of reproduction toys, like jump rope, Jacob’s ladder, and cat’s cradle—or try out colonial chores, including laundry and food preparation. Recommended for ages 3 to 8.
$10 for adults; free for ages 18 & younger. Drop by at your convenience.
Spring Break at Bayou Bend is generously underwritten by William J. Hill.