Kids 18 & under receive free admission to Bayou Bend all week!
Visit Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens during Spring Break! Enjoy a wide range of child-friendly activities in the gardens, the mansion, and the Lora Jean Kilroy Visitor Center.
• Focus on the Flowers (10 a.m.–4 p.m.) A bingo-style self-guided activity sheet gives children a game to play as they look at and appreciate the blooming flowers. Recommended for ages 6 to 12.
• Garden Tours (10 a.m.–4 p.m.) Discover the blooming flowers and natural beauty of Bayou Bend during springtime. Recommended for all ages.
• Preschool Story Hour (10 a.m.–11 a.m.) Hear Armadillo Rodeo read aloud by an educator, then enjoy a related activity. Recommended for ages 3 to 6.
• Spring Story Zone (10 a.m.–4 p.m.) Stop by the library at the Kilroy Visitor Center and select a book that focuses on springtime. Recommended for ages 3 & up.
• Arts & Crafts (11 a.m.–1 p.m.) Take part in family art activities in the gardens inspired by the flowers at Bayou Bend, including handprint azaleas and origami butterflies. Recommended for ages 3 & up.
• Nature Inside & Out (1 p.m.–4 p.m.) This Detective Days scavenger hunt reveals ways that nature can influence art and design. Recommended for ages 6 to 12.
• Open House Tours (1 p.m.–4 p.m.) The mansion is open every afternoon for stationed-docent tours. Recommended for all ages.
• Historic Toys & Games (2 p.m.–4 p.m.) Have some old-fashioned fun in the gardens with Bayou Bend’s collection of historic reproduction toys, like jump rope, Jacob’s ladder, cat’s cradle, and more. Recommended for all ages.
Admission $10 for adults; free for ages 18 & younger. Drop by at your convenience or use the "Get Tickets" button above and print at home.
Spring Break Week at Bayou Bend is generously underwritten by William J. Hill.