Show us how you're inspired by the timeless images in the MFAH exhibition Made for Magazines: Iconic 20th-Century Photographs and you'll be entered to win a fabulous photo prize pack! Photographers of any level are invited to participate in the #made4magz contest.
Drumroll please! The winners of the #made4magz contest, as determined by the Museum's judges, are:
Grand prize winner! This version of Anton Bruehl's Untitled by Twitterer @disphorya
Runners-up: This roller derby version of O. Rufus Lovett's Kilgore Rangerette by Twitterer @feathersandwax and this stilettoed version of William Wegman's Fay Ray in Custom Boots by Twitterer @ariasun5
How to Enter #made4magz
This contest is over as of May 4, 2014, but this is what the submitters had to do:
1) Get inspired! Visit the MFAH exhibition Made for Magazines: Iconic 20th-Century Photographs, on view February 9–May 4, and keep an eye out for the photos with the #made4magz hashtag on the wall labels.
This slideshow includes all seven photos for your inspiration and reference! →
2) Re-create! Pick one of the photographs marked with #made4magz to re-create with whatever photographic tool you'd like—anything from your phone to a Nikon. Make it as similar or dissimilar to the original as you want, but be creative and say something! (And make sure you read the Contest Rules before you go all-out.)
Your #made4magz submission enters you to win a photo prize pack. Winners are announced after the exhibition closes on May 4.Top
- The contest is open to individuals who would like to participate. The contest runs while the exhibition is on view, February 9–May 4, 2014. Winners are announced at the close of the exhibition.
- Contest submissions that contain nudity, offensive language, or other inappropriate materials will be disqualified from the contest.
- This exhibition is generally designated “no photography.” Only the photographs marked with the #made4magz hashtag on their labels may be photographed in the gallery. Any photography you take on the Museum's campus, including photography in connection with this contest, must fully comply with the MFAH photography policy and is limited to private, noncommercial use. Flash photography is not permitted. Refer to the full MFAH Policies for details.
- By submitting a contest entry, you give your permission for the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, to reproduce your photograph on social media and mfah.org, with credit to you.
- MFAH staff and volunteers are disqualified from winning the contest.
- If you have questions about this contest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What Can You Win?
Everyone who submits a #made4magz photo is entered to win the photo prize pack. The grand-prize winner will be chosen based on creativity, relationship to the original photo, and adherence to the Contest Rules.
Photo Prize Pack
- Smart Phone Universal Camera Lens Kit for beautiful pics with your phone on the go
- Dual membership to the MFAH for one year
- Supporter level membership to the Houston Center for Photography for one year
- Beautifully illustrated photo books
- Gift certificate for a Glassell Studio School class of your choice (summer 2014 semester)