Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
By joining the MFAH, you would be working with an organization that is more than 100 years old and ranks nationally among the top 10 art museums in exhibition space, memberships, endowments, and attendance. The MFAH is a multifaceted institution comprising two gallery buildings, a sculpture garden, two art schools, and two house museums for decorative arts. The encyclopedic collection numbers more than 65,000 works of art in a wide range of media.
The MFAH employs more than 600 people and offers job opportunities in a variety of career fields. Staffing areas include accounting, art conservation, curatorial, development, education, facility maintenance, graphics, guest services, human resources, library science, information technology, marketing, publications, retail, and security.
The MFAH is an exciting place to work, as it is always growing and changing. Your application for currently posted positions is welcome, and you are encouraged to revisit this site often for information about new opportunities.
The Museum is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, genetic information, handicap, or status as a disabled and/or Vietnam Era veteran.
How to Apply for a Position
You may apply for an open position by doing one of the following:
- E-mail your resume, and a cover letter indicating the title and job code of the position for which you are applying, to email@example.com
- Fax your resume, and a cover letter indicating the title and job code of the position for which you are applying, to 713.639.7508.
Mail your resume, and a cover letter indicating the title and job code of the position for which you are applying, to:
Human Resources Department
Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
P.O. Box 6826
Houston, TX 77265-6826
Continue to check this website for updates on current openings. Note: Only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our ongoing efforts to streamline the application process, the option to create and submit an online profile has been discontinued. If you previously applied for a position by creating an online profile, we still have your application on file and will keep it for one year, or until the position is filled. To apply for a new position, please do so by selecting one of the other choices listed above.
The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
Insurance coverage is effective the first of the month following employment with the MFAH. Several programs are available, including:
- Medical Insurance: Employee and dependent coverage through a choice of managed health care programs
- Dental Insurance: Employee and dependent coverage through two plan choices
- Life Insurance & AD&D: Employee coverage at no cost to the employee
- Long Term Disability: Employee coverage at no cost to the employee
The MFAH provides to eligible employees a generous schedule for time off under the following benefit categories:
- Paid Time Off: Used for absences from work such as vacation, illness of short duration, and personal reasons. Hours are accrued monthly, based on employment status and length of service
- Reserve Time Off: Used for extended illnesses. Employees accrue up to 6 days per year, up to a maximum of 120 days
- Holidays: Full-time employees receive 10 paid holidays per year
Eligible employees may contribute to one of two tax-sheltered annuities—TIAA-CREF or MetLife. Eligible employees receive a 5% matching contribution from the MFAH after one year of service.
The MFAH offers a variety of discounts and benefits as follows:
- MFAH Membership: Employees receive a free Family Level Membership
- Discounts: Employees receive discounts on purchases at the MFAH gift shops, Café Express at MFAH, and the Glassell School of Art
- Credit Union: Full time employees are eligible to join the Smart Financial Credit Union